What is the "other"?

Basindo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
On the UFC's newest poll on their website, http://www.ufc.com/ I am trying to think of the "other" for the potential FotY picks. I thought KZ vs Poirer or Lauzon vs Varner were the obvious choices but I was surprised that most picked another fight.

Most of the Brazilian voters picked other so I'm guessing they picked a fight like Anderson-Sonnen II since they didn't pick Shogun'.

Most of the Canadian voters also picked other so I'm guessing they like Condit vs GSP?

But even most of the US picked other.

I mean there were other great fights in the UFC like Benson vs Edgar I McCall vs Johnson I etc etc but I can't think of any that are better than the 2 I listed in the first paragraph

Dude, I've watched all the fights they listed. Chan Sung Jung vs. Dustin Poirer was better than all of them. I was watching it live and losing my mind. That is definitive Fight of the Year.

Here you go assuming that all of Canada just went with George. It's not Brazil up here. I've bet against plenty of Canadian fighters. Condit George was a good fight but not FOTY.

Here you go assuming that all of Canada just went with George. It's not Brazil up here. I've bet against plenty of Canadian fighters. Condit George was a good fight but not FOTY.

Dats cuz you noa gotta da hispect.

65% of the voters missed UFC 139

Henderson-Rua.jpg

Canadian here btw

I seriously dont get why Shogun vs Hendo is considered Foty or All time best fight. It was very good fight but not Foty candidate imo.

Jesus you guys that are saying Hendo/Shogun are fucking morons that was 2011. I'm not saying that wasn't FotY but how the fuck can that be FotY THIS YEAR?

If people are not voting for the other four fights because they think they're picking also Hendo/Shogun or some shit then they're dumb.

Again though: I assumed a local fighter to a country like Anderson to Brazil or GSP to Canada was picked by most in those countries because I can't think of a fight better than KZ vs Poirer or Varner vs Lauzon THIS YEAR.

I just watched Lauzon vs Varner a few weeks ago, and damn, that was an amazing fight. Much better than KZ/Poirer in my opinion.

Jesus you guys that are saying Hendo/Shogun are fucking morons that was 2011. I'm not saying that wasn't FotY but how the fuck can that be FotY THIS YEAR?

If people are not voting for the other four fights because they think they're picking also Hendo/Shogun or some shit then they're dumb.

Again though: I assumed a local fighter to a country like Anderson to Brazil or GSP to Canada was picked by most in those countries because I can't think of a fight better than KZ vs Poirer or Varner vs Lauzon THIS YEAR.

Yeah but it wasnt included in last years FOTY nominations because it happened to late in the year.

So the general consensus back then was that it would be carried over and included in this years crop.

Yeah but it wasnt included in last years FOTY nominations because it happened to late in the year.

So the general consensus back then was that it would be carried over and included in this years crop.

...? No? Who didn't include it? It happened in November too why would they not do it?

Are you talking about some Emmanuel Levinas shit? Like the philosophy "The Other"

418px-Emmanuel_Levinas.jpg

How do I even know this? That'll teach me to take Faith and Ethics...

Back