What is the origin of "Chuck with that look in his eye"?

chuck-liddell-stare-GIF.gif

Something Goldie said while chuck made his way to the octagon I believe.
Goldie is GOLD!

The saying easily could have been "Chuck in the best shape of his life" or "rededicated Chuck" or "motivated Chuck" or whatever. Rogan would always drone on about how he quit drinking and took shit seriously in preparation for this fight.

Only for him to get KO'd for the 5th straight fight. It became the boy who cried wolf after a couple times.

Rampage enjoyed the look of Chuck's eyes during the two beat downs

This is obviously a staple of Sherdog banter, but I'm quite keen to know the exact origin.
After taking some losses, he faced Shogun. He'd been stopped by Rampage. Beaten by Jardine, I believe. Ane I think he might have already beej KO'd by Rashad. Either way, he came in off of losses after years of winning. He seemed to be on a mission to show he was back. And Goldberg noted his look of determination.

But a little known fact, I recall an eerily similar situation when Roy Jones fought Glencoffe Johnson, before he got concussed in the ring... you could see it in his eyes as he lay on the canvas. Was not one of my pleasant boxing memories.

I was def gonna say something about cocaine

Holy shit, I just saw a white belt on another thread from 2008 with 24 posts. You're 2012 with 119 posts.

Is this "rarely posting old schooler" night on Sherdog? The legends speak...

Goldie always used to say it before Chuck got KTFO.

<Goldie11>

This is obviously a staple of Sherdog banter, but I'm quite keen to know the exact origin.
Chuck often had a crazed look in his eye during stare downs and walkouts. When he was a killer still, Joe Rogan proclaimed on at least one occasion that "he had that look in his eye", and it became a pre fight proclamation by sherdoggers that were certain he was about to besmirch a fool.

In later years it became an ironic proclamation, as the fiercer the look in his eyes, the more assured his impending brutal knockout was to occur.

Chuck with the look in his eye is thought to be prime chuck, right up there with hairy chest arlovski, motivated bj Penn, and shogun in spandex.

Back