What is the most successful/highest percentage Judo throw?

mines are harai goshi, ipon seoinague, oso to gari, and combination of koushi gari and ouchi gari

You know reading this thread makes me realize that back home we seem to want to teach everyone a nice repertoire of different throws while the clubs I've trained at in Japan and now here in Korea seem to segregate people on height....shorter guys go and learn seoi and taller guys go do uchimata. Then eventually they'll teach you a backwards throw to combo with.

Do you know how frustrating it is to randori when you're only being taught two throws?

Uchi mata, no argument.

Japan has judo in their high schools? No wonder all the gold medalists in Judo are Japanese. America sucks lol. I guess we own at wrestling, though. It would be so cool to have boxing and judo offered in school the way wrestling is, but I guess football and basketball which are practically nonexistant after you graduate high school are more important. I love my country, but certain things will just never make sense to me.

Why am I posting in this thread?

Japan has judo in their high schools? No wonder all the gold medalists in Judo are Japanese. America sucks lol. I guess we own at wrestling, though. It would be so cool to have boxing and judo offered in school the way wrestling is, but I guess football and basketball which are practically nonexistant after you graduate high school are more important. I love my country, but certain things will just never make sense to me.

Why am I posting in this thread?

Americans own at american wrestling, they dont own at world's wrestling, at least not after eastern europeans and central asians started competing.

At international level, the most common is Seio Nage for scoring, though I think Uchi Mata results in more Ippons. Uchi Mata however is VERY hard to learn, Seio is easier IMO. Someone earlier said Osoto Gari...couldn't agree more. I think for many of us it's the first throw we do well. It was always one of my favorites. I have a weakness too for Tai Otoshi, but it's pretty hard to hit as well.

Americans own at american wrestling, they dont own at world's wrestling, at least not after eastern europeans and central asians started competing.

We're still pretty damn good, I would argue that we are the best wrestling nation in the world, and it's always either us or Russia.

World's? I'm talking about the Olympics. I don't know anything about the World's.

We're still pretty damn good, I would argue that we are the best wrestling nation in the world, and it's always either us or Russia.

America is barely a top 5 depending on the context.

The best run USA has was in the 80s when they were decisively the undisputed number 2 of the World pretty much all years, and in the years following the fall of the Soviet Union.

Nowadays, with all the former Soviet countries competing on their own instead of under the Soviet flag, has made US wrestling fade from importance, still a powerhouse, but nowhere near a top 3 and they were never, ever close to "owning" wrestling (unless you count the time where only western nations competed).

And this is freestyle, greco its even worse.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I know in wrestling, people use the body drop/tao otoshi all the time. I personally use bear hugs (not sure if it has a judo comparison), double legs, and ippon seonagi from teh Roosky 2 on 1 Tie Up all the time. I like the Fireman's Carry/ Kata Garuma, too, but it's hard to set up.

We really need an ammy wrestling thread to discuss these things like Catch, Sambo, and Judo do.

World's? I'm talking about the Olympics. I don't know anything about the World's.

The Worlds is the best representation of the current talent because they happen every year, as opposed to every 4.

Unless you want to backpedal to the early years of the XX century when the olympics was done by part time athletes and only western countries played.

Why? because you win at a wrestling form where only Americans participate? and you and Russia? did i stepped on a wormhole and i am now in the 80s?

TS, I'm so sorry. I'll just start a new thread where we can discuss ammy wrestling somewhere else.

Back