what is the most ridiculous nuthugging comment made about a UFC fighter?

The Jones nuthug
He didn't get Silva or GSP status yet.

Seem like it's on it's way if they are going to feed him MWs.

Two or three years ago, when GSP nuthuggry was as its peek, some GSP fans were saying crazy shit. I remember reading comments from his fans claiming he would beat light-heavyweights, some heavyweights, and even a prime Mike Tyson.

not about a fighter, but when dana tried to say ufc would be bigger than football...

seriously.

manchester united alone are bigger than the ufc.

david-beckham-and-dos-santos.jpg

"be a good boy and il let you meet pele..."

it makes me laugh when people think gsp has beckham level fame, and when jds posed with beckham, people were acting like beckham was the beg friend.

Guy was arguing on how much better Diaz is than GSP
GSP had trouble with a guy who layed and prayed to get a win over Daley. The same Daley Diaz KO'd in 1 round.
Nobody has put a beating on BJ (other than GSP's minion Rory) like Diaz did
I don't want to hear all this, "he hasn't fought as many top ten fighters" bullshit. Rankings are shit

Another Diaz "fan"
Diaz is the best welterweight in the world. Don't bring up that Condit bullshit, Diaz was robbed and every rational person knows that. Diaz should still be champion right now

Pretty much everything said by bandwagoners and casual glory-riders of Ando, GSP, Fedor, Shogun, Penn, etc.. etc...

Really its just different levels of s#it spewed by each.

Anderson fans saying he let Sonnen beat on him for 4 rounds on purpose

That's a pretty good one.

Fedor fanboys saying he didn't tap to Werdum is another.

not about a fighter, but when dana tried to say ufc would be bigger than football...

That truly is the dumbest thing ever said regarding MMA in general... but it was not made "about a UFC fighter" as the thread specifies.

I saw someone say once that JDS will loose to Mir Because JDS couldn't finish Carwin or Nelson...

Fan trying to argue on how underated Overeem and Bisping are and how overated Fedor is
Ok, since I'm sooooo stupid, let's take an objective look at Fedor's big wins in Pride and why fans over rate them

Hunt: has a 9-8 record or something like that, lost to Barnett before
Coleman: Out of prime, old
Cro-Cop: As much as I love him, he was out of prime, his only recent wins to that point were against old guys and cans, dude lost to Gonzaga
Big Nog: Good fight against good competitor, no complaints
Randleman: Out of prime, lost to Sakuraba, got a lucky punch against Cro Cop
Goodridge: Over rated
Herring: Over rated, look at Brock fight
Schilt: kickboxer, no business in MMA

His other wins were pretty much against nobodies and Japanese fighters who Pride spoonfed opponents to, so that their records would be padded and look good.

So that's one good fight, the others were against out of prime fighters and over rated fighters

Boom!

Overeem beat Brock, one fight from being the champ. He's also beat Werdum (Fedor could not) and Duffee (top fighters in the UFC) and beat common opponents more convincingly. And he's undefeated at HW, even Fedor didn't want to fight him (and now is retired)

Bisping beat top fighters like Stann, Hammill, Riveria (was on a hot streak). He should've got the win over Sonnen (LHW and MW top contender) and Evans. And he beat the guys sherdog loves like Sexyama, Kang and Miller (both). He will also beat Belfort, pending judges bad calls

GSP fans saying he doesn't finish his opponents because of how tough they are.

That is also up there. No doubt. I mean... ALL MMA fighters are pretty darn tough. But Condit finished Hardy, Hendricks finished Fitch, Kampann finished Thiago... these guys are ALL finishiable. Yeah, GSP is playing smart, but to just say "He didn't becase they're tough or because he didn't want to" is silly. The guy has poor submission skills and less-than-devestating GnP.

GSP fans saying he doesn't finish his opponents because of how tough they are.

I'm surprised that his fans keep claiming this, despite the fact that the guys he has decisioned are being finished in devestating fashion by other fighters.

Cain didn't beat jds, jds beat jds

Jon Jones doesn't try to poke his opponents eyes

Someone making a case for Bisping getting the No 1 title shot over Weidman based on recent showing....

Uh Stann was a top 10 ranked fighter and actually beat a top 10 fighter to become one. Plus Bisping beat Akiyama(top 10 a month before the fight), Kang(top 10 that previous year), and Leben(eventual top 10). Plus D Miller, J Rivera, and possibly J Miller were all top 20. Plus Bisping had a successful LHW career before ever dropping to MW including a belt, a tournment victory, and a win over Hamill who kicked Munoz head off his shoulders.

Apparently now we use future rankings and year-prior to fight rankings to bolster our arguments. Not the mention the quality MMAth at the end and ignoring the judgement questions about Hamill/Bisping.

All-in-all I'd have to so the most facepalm moments in a paragraph I've ever seen.
There is a concensus.... Munoz was not a #3 caliber fighter.
And retrospective caliber calibrations are allowed too.

I'm not sure anyone ever said that Anderson "let Chael beat on him for 4 rounds on purpose".

From what I remember at the time people said Anderson got beat on by Chael for four rounds because he wanted to submit him.

Big difference, and it's not that far fetched IMO.

If anyone did say that, it's pretty silly though.

I'm not sure anyone ever said that Anderson "let Chael beat on him for 4 rounds on purpose".

From what I remember at the time people said Anderson got beat on by Chael for four rounds because he wanted to submit him.

Big difference, and it's not that far fetched IMO.

If anyone did say that, it's pretty silly though.

Anderson had the intention of submitting Chael, I do not believe he let himself get beaten for 4 rounds though.

Anyone who says that is most likely trolling.

Anderson did mention submitting Chael to Big Nog before the fight there, there is video evidence.

Anderson had the intention of submitting Chael, I do not believe he let himself get beaten for 4 rounds though.

Anyone who says that is most likely trolling.

Anderson did mention submitting Chael to Big Nog before the fight there, there is video evidence.

He also made his entrance wearing his gi (the first and only time he's done that as far as I know). Circumstantial evidence to be sure, but it's not crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back