What is the most ridiculous martial art?

Chino0503 and Legs Mahoney, we all know how hot you are for each other, but please take your man-love somewhere else. This thread is serious business.

. This thread is serious business.

The very nature of this thread is for nothing other than shit talking. If you think this is a serious matter you need take a strong look at your perception of the word.

You might want to think again:

Now I'm not saying that it's the most efficient Martial Art or anything but it's an exaggeration to say it is useless.

I agree. I've seen the video before and I love the setup. Let's break down the KO.

1 - He does a flying kick to back his opponent into the corner. The opponent has to be in the corner or else the KO setup won't work.

2 - His opponent is now cautious at long range after seeing the flying kick. This gives the Cappa guy enough room to do two spinning kicks. He purposely misses the first one and tricks his opponent into lower his hands. The second kick comes out and KO's his opponent.

The very nature of this thread is for nothing other than shit talking. If you think this is a serious matter you need take a strong look at your perception of the word.
*facepalm*

Seriously, dude... you and Chino ought to just get together and hump it out. Your pent-up animal desire has clogged your sarcasm detector.

*facepalm*

Seriously, dude... you and Chino ought to just get together and hump it out. Your pent-up animal desire has clogged your sarcasm detector.

Because its easy to read someones intent through their typed word?:icon_chee

I agree. I've seen the video before and I love the setup. Let's break down the KO.

1 - He does a flying kick to back his opponent into the corner. The opponent has to be in the corner or else the KO setup won't work.

2 - His opponent is now cautious at long range after seeing the flying kick. This gives the Cappa guy enough room to do two spinning kicks. He purposely misses the first one and tricks his opponent into lower his hands. The second kick comes out and KO's his opponent.

OR

He just got lucky. Who knows what this guy was thinking or doing. There may have been no setup or strategy at all.

You might want to think again:

Now I'm not saying that it's the most efficient Martial Art or anything but it's an exaggeration to say it is useless. African slaves in Brazil performed it like a dance to deceive people into thinking it was just a dance when it was really more like a sparring session and then used it for real in slave revolts. It became illegal to practice Capoeira in Brazil because people were kicking ass with it for real.

Capoeira is a cultural art, not martial. I've trained for six years now and never met anyone besides Lelo who would ever consider trying it in a real fight. The philosophies and physical training? Absolutely applicable in most fighting situations.

Most capoeiristas either know they can't fight or they train more effective kickboxing techniques and BJJ as well. That being said, the meia lua de compasso (the kick he got the KO with) is EXTREMELY powerful. Because it's also fairly easy to pick up as well, it is the source of a great many capoeira accidents both in training and in the roda. Don't believe me? Find a capoeira studio and find out for yourself. You can learn the basics of the kick in an hour and go ruin somebody's ribs.

The further you lean away from the kick the less leverage it has. Don't believe me? Try it on the heavy bag. Leaning into the kick always has more power. The head whip does help to generate momentum, but ultimately doesn't make up for the lack of bodyweight behind it.

Yes, throwing your bodyweight into a kick adds power. Now try to kick a person's head leaning into it. It's impossible. You have to lean back to maintain balance and a defensive posture as you exit.

Surprised no mention of Fear No Punch Technology...

Home page

"FUELING THE MMA WITH NEW COMBAT SKILLS"

Yes, throwing your bodyweight into a kick adds power. Now try to kick a person's head leaning into it. It's impossible. You have to lean back to maintain balance and a defensive posture as you exit.

It requires the right measure of balance and flexibility, but you can throw harder leaning in. Unfortunately for me, my flexibility isn't good enough to fully lean into headkicks, but over the years I've learned to hit a balance between leaning back for posture and leverage.

I train with a dude who's not much more flexible than me, but the way he throws hook kicks is devastating, and he fires almost completely upright. My instructor tends to fire upright too, unless he's doing some simultaneous evasion/kicking technique like you describe.

Last edited:
tkd kicks are useless waist time. the kicks take so much time nd are just fancy, dont pack a punch.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, and not often thought of as an "art" in itself: kiai. You can see a lot of videos online, it's funny.

The further you lean away from the kick the less leverage it has. Don't believe me? Try it on the heavy bag. Leaning into the kick always has more power. The head whip does help to generate momentum, but ultimately doesn't make up for the lack of bodyweight behind it.

I have tried both on heavy bags. While you're probably right, the difference isn't as pronounced as you seem to think. They both hit fucking hard.

tkd kicks are useless waist time. the kicks take so much time nd are just fancy, dont pack a punch.

Depends if they are done by point sparrers, or the people who take it a little more seriously. TKD kicks thrown full force are a KO waiting to happen. I've been hit by a spinning kick in a TKD fashion while kickboxing, and it's one of the only 2 times in my life Ive ever been rocked while sparring. The other was leaning into a headkick.

Back