What is the most ridiculous martial art?

Calling a double spinning handplanting hook kick isn't impractical or ridiculous? The move is silly. The handplanting part makes the kick weaker and more telegraphed, and spinning twice is only something you can do if you're confident your opponent will not attack. To open a bout with that move is retarded because you've set no precedent as to how much respect your opponent has for your attack.

A regular spinning **** kick, (which is more powerful and safer than a handplanting one), is already a high risk move. Adding unnecessary movement to an already risky technique takes it into zany blooper reel territory.

Now Capoeira may not be as stupid as obviously fake martial arts, but so much of the art is composed of unnecessary and detrimental movement that it's difficult to see much practical value.

The hand plant does not make it any weaker, and if you are not having to worry about take downs, it makes safer as you head is about as far out of danger as you can get it and still kick the opponent. If you have worried about single legs, then yeah you might want to think twice about doing the hand plant.

There is a reason professionals don't use spinning handplanting back kicks...

Gotta be kung fu with their ridiculous hand bicycle punches and all

You would need to specifc the style of Kung-fu, Sanda/SanShou is kung-fu and generally consider quite viable, as examples.

There is a reason professionals don't use spinning handplanting back kicks...

Yup, that would be not practicing them. And in also the rules indicate that if anything besides the soles of you feet hit the ground it is considered a down. I don't know about you but volunteering to give my opponent a free down is not something I would do.

Yellow bamboo and anything like it are the undisputed winners in this category but I have to mention shotokai

Irish dancing to 80s music
icon14.gif

People love to post that video, but I'm compelled to point out that the dude performing the double-spinning handplanting hook kick is 1-2, and the poor guy he KO's was 0-2 before he died tragically in a parking lot.

My point is, a wildly impractical move may work on a very bad opponent.

If some dude's just going to stand there with his hands down I could pop a hurricanrana on him Eddie Guerrero style, doesn't mean Mexican Pro-Wrestling is much good in MMA.

Wikipedia says no(unless that is a different guy).

Marcus Aur

Hands down it's Malaysian Silat:

Last edited:
I just started it two weeks ago...pretty ridiculous, but fun as hell.

and i seen some hot chicks doing it before! wow!

How can someone think capoeira is ridiculous ?

For sure it's not effective, but it's hard to think of something that looks cooler than capoeira.

+ capoeira will get you more chicks than all the nerd stuff that ends with "ryu".

yup!! i seen soooo many hot girls that do capoerira! haha

You might want to think again:

Now I'm not saying that it's the most efficient Martial Art or anything but it's an exaggeration to say it is useless. African slaves in Brazil performed it like a dance to deceive people into thinking it was just a dance when it was really more like a sparring session and then used it for real in slave revolts. It became illegal to practice Capoeira in Brazil because people were kicking ass with it for real.

atleast a capoiera practitioner can claim (and prove) its been used effectively... something kung fu guys cant.

Look, Capoeira clearly isn't the most ridiculous martial art (as long as Yellow Bamboo still exists), but can we stop posting the same ONE knockout to prove that it's efficient?

but that's 1 more than wing chun has... hahah

How can this thread still be going? Wasn't Yellow Bamboo enough? YB should be the definition of ridiculous.

You would need to specifc the style of Kung-fu, Sanda/SanShou is kung-fu and generally consider quite viable, as examples.

oh you talking about the art that was created after the chinese found out what muay thai was... oh yeah that one.

its called tongue foo. he talks alot of shit and sucks plenty of dick.
Pardon me but who is the Frequent shit talker on here who babbles on about a variety of arts when all he practices is boxing? Keep in mind you do this anonymously as well oh brave forum warrior!Amusing how someone can contradict themselves and be incredibly ironic within the confines of one sole short sentence.:icon_chee

oh you talking about the art that was created after the chinese found out what muay thai was... oh yeah that one.

Oh yes where were the historical links to this you promised us concerning this subject? I'm genuinely curious to see them when you mentioned you had them at hand,but alas nothing has been so kindly provided for our inquiring minds.

Last edited:
Back