What is the mean income for all full time MMA fighters in USA?

casio298

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Wondering if MMA would be a good career choice? What is the mean income for all registered full time MMA fighters in American? Do you think it would be higher or lower than the national average?

If it is not significantly higher than the average of $55000 USD, then why would any once chose MMA over a less risky profession?

18k. But with the Rebox money now it's 19k after taxes.

For you? About tree fiddy.

Average income? Maybe 20k -30k. Not much money in this sport kiddo.

I think the amount of millionaires and billionaire really skews that 55k us average.

a vast majority of pro baseball players have second jobs and make less than $30k/yr from baseball.

for those lucky enough to get above AAA, the minimum salary is half a mil.

those vast majorities play ball for almost no pay because they love it.

3k or something

I know you aren't serious, but anyone who wants to make MMA a career better be elite... if you make 100-200 grand a year that still isn't very good considering you have to stop working in your mid 30s if you're lucky enough to make it that long and you won't have an education to fall back on.

When I see these 30+ average at best vets on TUF trying to win the contract "to feed my family" it angers me... go get a real job scrub, you aren't going to make a living from this.

Do you understand the meaning of "mean" or "average"?

Do you understand that you're asking a question no one here knows the answer to? Or is this some failed attempt to praise the UFC for paying their fighters pennies?

If it is not significantly higher than the average of $55000 USD, then why would any once chose MMA over a less risky profession?

It does not require education. And compared to other sports the competition is relatively low.

And there is probably a big difference between the median and the mean salary in MMA with the former being way lower.

There are so many small upstart MMA orgs in the USA that it's hard to get a good average. I know some locals who are in it with the hope like all others that they can get to the big boy UFC. They have full time jobs in the meantime. I've heard UFC fithers say that for many they needed other streams of income and wouldn't recommend somebody leave nice job until they have this financial thing figured out. Shane Carwin I don't think ever really left his job. Some guys have a wife or GF that has income so that helps while they pursue this career.

Well, the majority of fighters are on the regional scene, and those guys only make a few hundred bucks a fight.

In any sports, you only make money if you're a big shit or in big leagues. That means you now only have to have the talent but you have to bust your ass and work hard. It's probably one of the hardest job to achieve, professional sportsman.

A Joe blow playing basketball in minor league doesn't make shit. The average is skewed because the top guys are making shit load of money.

Back