What is the idea behind the Occult?

I then proceeded to fill the room with exuberant amount of uppercuts

Lol I was using the opening line from the son of David Caradines character Quachan Cain. His like " I am not my father, I am a cop, that's who I am, that's what I do!"

Oh yeah! That show was great for a few episodes.

Oh yeah! That show was great for a few episodes.

Lots of actors who later became A list actors got their start on that show. Kung Fu the legend continues changed their bum life.

Lots of actors who later became A list actors got their start on that show. Kung Fu the legend continues changed their bum life.

I need to rewatch it then. Don’t remember enough of the actors.

asking either @Ripskater or @DataBreach will yield serious answers if that is what you seek TS. Much of the mania from the occult occured in the 80s and early 90s i believe and is worth looking into.

Sorry, wrong forum
Actually your post is spot on...

This happened in my old country of former Yugoslavia. I was once cursed by an evil gypsy witch when I rescued a little bird that she planned to sacrifice. She condemned my soul to hell and all kinds of crazy things happened in the days that followed. I knew I had to turn to a higher power... After my bike was burned to ash I decided enough was enough and so I texted my good friend Nicolas Cage (the higher power mentioned earlier).

4c57s.jpg

So I wait for a bit and I see Cage pull up in his one of a kind 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom, he comes out dressed like Van Helsing and says "we're going witch hunting!". He pulls up some ancient book and manages to pin point the location of this evil gypsy witch and it turns out she's hiding in some gypsy caravan park. The plan is to beat up all the gypos and destroy the witch. We arrive at the gyspy congregation and get to work. Hordes of them are incoming but me and the Cage are kicking ass, never in my life have I thrown so many hooks and uppercuts and knocked so many damn people out. These guys are freaking cans, can't fight for shit. Then all of a sudden this big mofo comes out, I guess he was one of those inbred gypsies with retard strength. This guy was tough and me and Cage had to get serious, I start landing some Muay Thai leg kicks while Cage is peppering him with body shots to take out his cardio. This guy is tough but we're doing damage and he's too slow to hurt us, eventually I blitz him with a Vitor Belfort style flurry which stuns him then Cage lands a magnificent superman punch and the big guy is down for the count. Eventually we make our way to the big caravan and that's the witch's hideout. Cage tells me to start preparing a spell while he knocks the witch out. I'm getting all the ingredients ready then I hear Cage "oh shit this bitch has some hands" as she's landing some good jabs and hooks, I was surprised but Cage tells me to take over while he casts the spell. Now I'm a decent fighter and kocked out some big dudes but I guess this gypsy witch used some stength potion because I've never been hit so hard in my life, but luckily I managed to slip one of her punches and saw an opening and landed a LHK - Cro Cop style. The witch was out and we cast the spell that sent her back to hell.

So your post was indeed spot on :)

Actually your post is spot on...

This happened in my old country of former Yugoslavia. I was once cursed by an evil gypsy witch when I rescued a little bird that she planned to sacrifice. She condemned my soul to hell and all kinds of crazy things happened in the days that followed. I knew I had to turn to a higher power... After my bike was burned to ash I decided enough was enough and so I texted my good friend Nicolas Cage (the higher power mentioned earlier).

4c57s.jpg

So I wait for a bit and I see Cage pull up in his one of a kind 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom, he comes out dressed like Van Helsing and says "we're going witch hunting!". He pulls up some ancient book and manages to pin point the location of this evil gypsy witch and it turns out she's hiding in some gypsy caravan park. The plan is to beat up all the gypos and destroy the witch. We arrive at the gyspy congregation and get to work. Hordes of them are incoming but me and the Cage are kicking ass, never in my life have I thrown so many hooks and uppercuts and knocked so many damn people out. These guys are freaking cans, can't fight for shit. Then all of a sudden this big mofo comes out, I guess he was one of those inbred gypsies with retard strength. This guy was tough and me and Cage had to get serious, I start landing some Muay Thai leg kicks while Cage is peppering him with body shots to take out his cardio. This guy is tough but we're doing damage and he's too slow to hurt us, eventually I blitz him with a Vitor Belfort style flurry which stuns him then Cage lands a magnificent superman punch and the big guy is down for the count. Eventually we make our way to the big caravan and that's the witch's hideout. Cage tells me to start preparing a spell while he knocks the witch out. I'm getting all the ingredients ready then I hear Cage "oh shit this bitch has some hands" as she's landing some good jabs and hooks, I was surprised but Cage tells me to take over while he casts the spell. Now I'm a decent fighter and kocked out some big dudes but I guess this gypsy witch used some stength potion because I've never been hit so hard in my life, but luckily I managed to slip one of her punches and saw an opening and landed a LHK - Cro Cop style. The witch was out and we cast the spell that sent her back to hell.

So your post was indeed spot on :)
Fucking gypsies

Also, if you have any questions, I may be able to answer some, from a non-Christian, non-former-Satanist (nor present) perspective.

The thing about the Occult, is that it is like a University. A very old, very large university. There are levels, degrees, schools, practices, crafts, all different, some overlaid and intertwined. Some effective, some just for show.

Just like with a University, the first step is showing up ready to learn, and ready to work. You have to enter that world ready to make it happen, that can be achieved rather easily actually. (Entry into the world, progression however, may not be as easy)

It sounds dumb, but a simple, age-old ritual aimed at announcing your presence is all it takes to start.

1. Go to a calm space, where you are at peace and you have fresh, moving air.

2. It should be darker, but not pitch black. Think dusk.

3. Gather an item that you associate with your self perceived identity. Something important to you, small is better, like a trinket that you absolutely love and have owned your whole life. Also gather about a pound of rice, wild is best (if you are in North America), a few cups of salt and a new candle-it must be new and unscented. You'll also need a chair or a stool. And a large shallow bowl of clean water.

4. You should be alone. If you have a dog they must be outside the room, they will know whats up. A cat can be in the room with you but it can't be messing around with you or the objects you've gathered.

this is the kind of stuff wikipedia is perfect for.

"The idea of "occult sciences" developed in the sixteenth century.[5] The term usually encompassed three practices—astrology, alchemy, and natural magic—although sometimes various forms of divination were also included rather than being subsumed under natural magic.[5] These were grouped together because, according to the historian of religion Wouter Hanegraaff, "each one of them engaged in systematic investigation of nature and natural processes, in the context of theoretical frameworks that relied heavily on a belief in occult qualities, virtues or forces."[5] Although there are areas of overlap between these different occult sciences, they are separate and in some cases practitioners of one would reject the others as being illegitimate.[5]

During the Enlightenment, the term "occult" increasingly came to be seen as intrinsically incompatible with the concept of "science".[5] From that point on, use of the term "occult science(s)" implied a conscious polemic against mainstream science.[5]

In his 1871 book Primitive Culture, the anthropologist Edward Tylor used the term "occult science" as a synonym for "magic".[6]"

just look the rest up

Back