What is the idea behind the Occult?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know it has its audience but what is the driving factor behind it?

Like does it have any plausible principle behind it or is it a genre that targets the fantasy minded individual looking for some easy solution for life problems?

I have this impression that there might be something that is worth learning but the people it attracts are folks who are looking for some lazy solution. I like to hear what you guys have to say.

Why it's none other than THE IDEA ... OF AGAMOTTO!!!!!!

Controlling an army of the undead via necromancy has its appeal tbh.

This thread reminds me that I should consult a fortune teller.

BFDAC835-B261-4BA2-BB4A-6EA2C6F00DAD.jpeg

Good question, I think it’s based for the most part in tradition, I don’t know the history of The Occult, but I will poke around a little...

I used to know a girl who was into it..Alters, Skulls, Bones, all kinds of weird stuff, (witchcraft) she was cool..

Just the word OCCULT triggers mystery, fear, and evil, but I don’t think it’s necessarily any of those things..I used to have a Quiji Board...and Tarrot Cards...

The Board freaked me out a bit...

Good question, I think it’s based for the most part in tradition, I don’t know the history of The Occult, but I will poke around a little...

I used to know a girl who was into it..Alters, Skulls, Bones, all kinds of weird stuff, (witchcraft) she was cool..

Just the word OCCULT triggers mystery, fear, and evil, but I don’t think it’s necessarily any of those things..I used to have a Quiji Board...and Tarrot Cards...

The Board freaked me out a bit...

But is it based on a universal principle?

I mean, martial arts and fitness are based on physical attribute and mobility in order to become more formidable. I just wonder if the occult has any basis regardless what the topic of focus is.

Like does it have any plausible principle behind it or is it a genre that targets the fantasy minded individual looking for some easy solution for life problems?

I have this impression that there might be something that is worth learning but the people it attracts are folks who are looking for some lazy solution. I like to hear what you guys have to say.

What specifically are you referring to? Your post is incredibly vague.

The motivation is to find a method that is maximally effortless and intuitive but sufficient to produce a feeling of intimacy with the fundamental constituents of the universe that grant one unique knowledge and power over others.

Just like most religions, and even if all that power ultimately amounts to is the spare change of naive consumers.

What specifically are you referring to? Your post is incredibly vague.

Well for example a person using some esoteric exercise to improve the various aspect of their life. Like they become more charismatic and captivating without change in personality or they go through a phase that allows them more opportunity for better life. In a way they improve their luck. Of course there is black magic and super powers but I am simply referring to less fictional things and more things pertained to good luck.

It's a mindset based on wishful thinking and that's it. Like religion, there's nothing to back it.

People are afraid of the unknown (death, meaning of life), dipshits get into the occult to try to discover more about it.

More often than not, the occult chooses you.One begins in an illusion that he can control the unseen, only to realize it's the other way around. But there is a great value in those experiences if one knows what to mess with and what should be left alone.

Well for example a person using some esoteric exercise to improve the various aspect of their life.

What are you talking about here? Yoga? Meditation?

Like they become more charismatic and captivating without change in personality or they go through a phase that allows them more opportunity for better life. In a way they improve their luck.

Scientology?

Of course there is black magic and super powers but I am simply referring to less fictional things and more things pertained to good luck.
I am not talking about black magic, voodoo or jadoo.

Here is the problem, when you say occult, you are specifically referring to black magic, voodoo, supernaturalism, witchcraft, Kaballah, mysticism, the paranormal, etc. The other way occult is used is to mean secret or hidden knowledge but secret knowledge is....secret. Then you have that thing pertaining to "good luck" which science credits as random events, but which can become so overwhelming it is referred to as a synchronicity.

The number of books written on these topics could fill a library which is why I asked what specifically you are referring to but I'm still not sure.

it's because you can convince stupid chicks to do rituals where you fuck them while wearing goofy robes and shit.

To lazy to give a full reply. A lot of people get into the occult because they experience strange or unexplainable phenomena.

Back