What is the greatest TV Sitcom?

What is the greatest TV Sitcom?

• Total voters
I've rewatched the office and Seinfeld multiple times over, and I never never do that with shows. It's a toss up for me, but I went with office

Well the results certainly reflect the age structure here. The fact there are only three votes for Cheers, and one is mine, is a fucking travesty.

Loved Cheers, but sitcoms evolved. I like others more. Cheers still holds up today though. Great show.

Just a few thoughts:

King of queens not getting any love here. Thumbs down for that.

Never watched The Office, but just the idea was genius.

Friends was overrated as fuck.

Martin also overlooked here. I'm not saying it was better than Fresh Prince oBA, but Martin Lawrence on his best days was gold and so much better than Will Smith. If we're talking strictly comedy, you have to admit that. He was the funny guy in Bad Boys, Will was the cool guy.

Just a few thoughts:

King of queens not getting any love here. Thumbs down for that.

Never watched The Office, but just the idea was genius.

Friends was overrated as fuck.

Martin also overlooked here. I'm not saying it was better than Fresh Prince oBA, but Martin Lawrence on his best days was gold and so much better than Will Smith. If we're talking strictly comedy, you have to admit that. He was the funny guy in Bad Boys, Will was the cool guy.

Why should Kind of Queens get any love?

Of the listed:
I Love Lucy
Friends
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
The Wonder Years

Personal significance:
Scrubs
How I Met Your Mother

Not mentioned GOAT candidates:
The Honeymooners
All in the Family

Why should Kind of Queens get any love?

It is/was pretty damn funny. The dynamics between Arthur and Dough is amazing. Not to mention, side characters like Spece, Danny and Deacon are all great. I don't think it was as good as ELR but it was a very funny show. And it lasted for a long time, which tells you something.

Seinfeld had some of the best writing, followed by Curb your enthusiasm. Maybe I just like Larry David’s humor.. I also have a taste for British Humor so Faulty Towers, The IT Crowd, and of course Spaced :)

F18DAC7D-3AD4-4847-8705-76830E0A362F.jpeg

Last edited:
Once again with these polls it seems Americans believe there is no world outside the Nth American continent, unbelievable!
None of those shows are the greatest because they're American.

Loved Cheers, but sitcoms evolved. I like others more. Cheers still holds up today though. Great show.

One of the most impressive things about Cheers is it stayed good for the entire run. You can watch episodes from the final couple of seasons and they show no signs of wear. There is no jump the shark moment in 11 seasons.

it’s all the more impressive because of major cast shifts like Woody replacing Coach, after Nicolas Colassanto had passed, or Kirstie Alley taking over after Shelley Long departed.

it’s crazy because the first five seasons are so greatly impacted by the Sam/Diane dynamic, but once Howe came into play, I felt it arguably became even funnier.

Absolute classic of a show and in my top five favorite sitcoms for sure.

I vote Seinfeld as GOAT but Cheers held up better in terms of consistent quality. Last two seasons of Sein are very funny but David’s absence is felt and there are some weaker episodes.

I always was a big fan of Fawlty Towers maybe because I used to work at the hotel.

source.gif

Fresh Prince
Married with Children
Wonder Years
Friends

Seinfeld
Frasier
Cheers
Friends
The Office
Two And A Half Men
TBBT

I have been watching old reruns of Home Improvement episodes, seasons 7 & 8.

Back