What is the greatest TV Sitcom?

What is the greatest TV Sitcom?

• Total voters
And it highlights how significantly and badly, imo, times and people have changed.

All in the Family dealt with very sensitive racial topics in a day when the racial struggle was far more real and challenging than it is today. And white and black people alike could watch it, and not only comprehend the themes, in a non reactionary way, but mostly agree, through the use of humour at the absurdity of so many racial views. Black people did not get offended and white people did not get defensive because humour was used so well to expose the absurdity of the situations.

Today few comedies or comedians dare tread that path due to political correctness ugly side and this instead constant 'accusing' and 'blaming' and need to dominate culture has replaced it which has only regressed race relations when shows like All in the Family and that approach had actually improved them.
Very well said.

I don't know if it would have got many votes on here. But I could be wrong. lol

Also leaving out Three’s Company? Com’on, dude. Outside of I Love Lucy and MASH, the list is basically for shows from the 90’s and on. More 2000’s than anything else.

Also leaving out Three’s Company? Com’on, dude. Outside of I Love Lucy and MASH, the list is basically for shows from the 90’s and on. More 2000’s than anything else.

Three's Company is one of my favorite shows. I just didn't think it would get many votes on here.

Three's Company is one of my favorite shows. I just didn't think it would get many votes on here.

It’s not about getting votes in here. When you’re asking what is the GOAT sitcom, make a list that fits that narrative not what will get votes or not.

It’s not about getting votes in here. When you’re asking what is the GOAT sitcom, make a list that fits that narrative not what will get votes or not.

I understand what you're saying but there's no point of putting a particular show if its not going to get any votes.

all-in-the-family-title-card.jpg

GOAT and it isn't even close.

For me it was simpsons or seinfld

picked seinfeld because it ended just as it was starting to go down hill.

Simpsons after the 10th season has been hit and miss at best.

make a poll outta this polls results to see all the tasteless fucks that didn't vote for Arrested Development.

Well the results certainly reflect the age structure here. The fact there are only three votes for Cheers, and one is mine, is a fucking travesty.

Lots of good ones on that list but it's Seinfeld every fucking time.

giphy.gif

Cartoons shouldn’t be included in sit com, Seinfeld is the greatest for sure.

Other: King of the Hill

From that list I like:

Seinfeld
The Simpsons
Cheers
I Love Lucy
Married with Children
3rd Rock from the Sun

The first time I ever watched Seinfeld was at my grandfathers funeral. I still remember it as the funniest day of my life

My personal favorites
  1. Married with Children
  2. Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  3. I Love Lucy
I think cartoons are a different category personally. Also you should be embarrassed to have My Name is Earl, How I Met your Mother, and Big Bang Theory on here. So many good older sitcoms not being represented but I guess you can't please everyone.

Back