What is the greatest bodycheck/hit you ever seen in hockey?

Series changing hit.
CheapEnergeticCleanerwrasse-max-1mb.gif

url

Last edited:
Might not be the greatest body check, but couldn’t have happened to a better guy. Love how he built of speed and thought as doing good then wham

This hit changed the series:

Rome is a dirty fuck POS and it's too bad Thornton didn't go for a cheap shot after. BUT, Thomas got some small measures of revenge chopping Burrows and then decking Sedin.

Not the greatest hit, more like a honorable mention.

Might not be the greatest body check, but couldn’t have happened to a better guy. Love how he built of speed and thought as doing good then wham

Favourite hit of all time.

Dirty hit but Roenick was kind of a tool so most just brushed it off

Well unlike Probert, Stevens was also busy being one of the best hockey players at his position. ;)

Probert wasn't a terrible player.. Seasons of 62, 44, 43 points. Fine, most of it was through the 80s where it was all free wheeling and defensive systems were non existent, but for a guy known for his ability to throw down, he could play a bit.

I don't want to detract too much from Scott Stevens but being one of the best hockey players in his position is a bit of s stretch. Big unit, yes. Very strong in tight, yes. Big wing span, yes. Big hitter, yes. A lot of those huge hits that he made, it's great he made contact because he was pulling himself well out of position to do it... I'd give credit to the guy he was partnered with, Scott Niedermeyer for covering him and allowing him to throw those checks.

I hated Niedermeyer because he was with the Devils... but caught a game when I happened to be in Anaheim and they had a playoff game. Damn that guy could control a game. When he had the puck, the game slowed down and he was just pulling the strings... and he never got hit, always able to get out of the way JUST.

Probert wasn't a terrible player.. Seasons of 62, 44, 43 points. Fine, most of it was through the 80s where it was all free wheeling and defensive systems were non existent, but for a guy known for his ability to throw down, he could play a bit.

I don't want to detract too much from Scott Stevens but being one of the best hockey players in his position is a bit of s stretch. Big unit, yes. Very strong in tight, yes. Big wing span, yes. Big hitter, yes. A lot of those huge hits that he made, it's great he made contact because he was pulling himself well out of position to do it... I'd give credit to the guy he was partnered with, Scott Niedermeyer for covering him and allowing him to throw those checks.

I hated Niedermeyer because he was with the Devils... but caught a game when I happened to be in Anaheim and they had a playoff game. Damn that guy could control a game. When he had the puck, the game slowed down and he was just pulling the strings... and he never got hit, always able to get out of the way JUST.
It was almost unfair having Niedermeyer. Watching him and Lidstrom play was always a treat, I love that subtle but overwhelming control they projected, I feel like the NHL doesn't have that guy out there right now.

Kronwall has some good clean shots.

#1 on this top ten....

Back