what is the Brazilian attitude/opinions of Frank Mir

abhi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I meant the people who are the peole who do BJJ about his BJJ

Just a general conseus, thanks

Nothing spectacular in the big scheme of things. Lot of guys think he's overrated.

Why is it funny? Overrated doesn't mean you're not good, it means the majority thinks you're better than you are.

Yea, I think he is pretty overrated in MMA and BJJ IMHO.

I'm not a big fan of Frank Mir. I think he's too cocky, thinks he's too smart, and looks past people. Most people locally seem to feel the same, but some people love him.

Regarding his skills, he is not elite in bjj or submission grappling... and so I think the brazilian attitude is the same as if any other guy was being put forth as a great bjj stylist, when he really is not. Even Frank has said that he is not very goof compared to some guys. I think it was after rolling with Maia, that he said something like: that's a black belt... I am brown belt.

So, yeah, overrated.

Ed West is better IMO

I didn't know Brazilians collectively felt a certain way about the man.

Let it puts this way:
I doubt anyone would be buying his book if he decided to write one about his BJJ techniques.

For the Brazilians on Frank Mir JJ? they do not even know/heard of you unless you win the Mundials.

Let it puts this way:
I doubt anyone would be buying his book if he decided to write one about his BJJ techniques.

For the Brazilians on Frank Mir JJ? they do not even know/heard of you unless you win the Mundials

Even then...

I like how he refuses to shake after. Stay classy Frank.

Back