What is the blueprint for beating Rumble on the feet?

Fake a TD, then uppercut, Chad Mendes style.

Glover is getting smashed bro. Glover is way too slow, and Johnson will catch him at some point. Bader had Glover really hurt in their fight, Rumble will finish him.

certainly possible, especially in 2016. i dont underestimate Johnson a bit, i just think Glover is only a bit weaker, with much better technique and very durable.

in 2014ish, i think Glover was very underrated and 1 of Jones very best wins.

It's possible, but sometimes, the dominant monsters have trouble closing their defensive gaps. I know Rumble had identified his problem with bac control/RNCs long ago, probably even before the Clementi fight, and I know that's still his primary weakness.

There are many things that go into that flaw (cardio, sufficient bjj experience to be comfortable in tight spots and not make positional errors, even TDD, etc.), but it's still, altogether, the best route to beating him.

I wonder how much they are pushing him in the gym. Maybe theres only so much they can do but shit get him prepared for 5 rounders.hell make him fight 10 rounds.

Serious question so please no "poke him in the eye", "wait until he gasses" - type of answers.

Why is 'waiting till he gasses' a non-serious tactic, that's perfectly good and a smart tactic at that.

Rumbles strikes work better in the middle to long range, cause his best weapons are his straight punches, so you´d have to GET INSIDE RANGE and as quickly as possible, and then work with short range techniques like uppercuts and hooks, don´t give him space, try to clinch and work on the clinch with elbows and knees, a typical CAIN VELASQUEZ type of fight. Nobody has ever tried that, the fighters are always very cautious about his power (for obvious reasons) and usually stay on the outside range, which is exactly what Rumble wants, so he just stalks them and has the time to prepare and use his range for the big straight killer shots.

It's possible, but sometimes, the dominant monsters have trouble closing their defensive gaps. I know Rumble had identified his problem with bac control/RNCs long ago, probably even before the Clementi fight, and I know that's still his primary weakness.

There are many things that go into that flaw (cardio, sufficient bjj experience to be comfortable in tight spots and not make positional errors, even TDD, etc.), but it's still, altogether, the best route to beating him.

Sure, but Im interested to hear if there is anyone who could break down weaknesses in his striking and how to exploit that by striking. I know he overextends sometimes while he is throwing his haymakers but no-one has been able to really counter him and made him pay for it. Overall his defense is very underrated, imo.

Gotta have Vitor levels of aggression I guess. Vitor turned Rumble into a panic wrestler on several occassions in their fight.

Run. And pray for the right judges

Rumbles strikes work better in the middle to long range, cause his best weapons are his straight punches, so you´d have to GET INSIDE RANGE and as quickly as possible, and then work with short range techniques like uppercuts and hooks, don´t give him space, try to clinch and work on the clinch with elbows and knees, a typical CAIN VELASQUEZ type of fight. Nobody has ever tried that, the fighters are always very cautious about his power (for obvious reasons) and usually stay on the outside range, which is exactly what Rumble wants, so he just stalks them and has the time to prepare and use his range for the big straight killer shots.

That sounds very reasonable.

Mix in the threat of tds and clinch work. Get inside and work or be all the way outside of his range. Have Anderson Silva esque head movement.

Make him chase so he can never get set to throw those bombs and counter strike.

Why is 'waiting till he gasses' a non-serious tactic, that's perfectly good and a smart tactic at that.

Sure it is, but I want to know how to outstruck him on the feet from a technical standpoint.

I wonder how much they are pushing him in the gym. Maybe theres only so much they can do but shit get him prepared for 5 rounders.hell make him fight 10 rounds.
Honestly, I'm not sure if the problem will ever go away, even if he devotes a lot of time and energy to it, which he probably has.

This. I've watched this fight a couple of times and Vitor was starting to light him up on the feet.

Yes, Johnson nearly shat himself in that fight he was so terrified during the standup portions of the fight. His fanboys still make excuses for that atrocity though.

I guess you can pressure him and had really good speed,like Vitor, so you can put him against the cage,otherwise his power is way too dangerous in the first rd.​

Ask Vitor. He turned Rumbleninto Shoot Master Flex.

Nah, that seems to be one of the most overrated Fighter X outstruck fighter Y - fairytales Sherdog likes to repeat. Both barely landed anything significant.

Back