What is the biggest Super Fight possible right now?

The popotential matches on offer are not so super. Sure, they could be exciting to watch, but so can an undercard fight. It seems like true super fights are almost impossible to put on nowadays. Too much politics, too much to lose for huge stars.

A side note question: Seeing as a lot of people found Benson vs Edgar II controversial, did anyone consider Aldo vs Edgar a super fight?
Or did anyone thought the Edgar beat Benson, but didn't look at Aldo vs Edgar as a super fight?

I considered Edgar/Aldo a superfight, yes.

I had this crazy idea that the UFC was going to try n book Bones vs Liddell after that little tiff on twitter or whatever that was between the 2. I can see them selling it. Liddell may be retired but is in the best shape of his life, power is the last thing an athlete loses, Liddell is a big LHW, blah blah blah blah.

1. Pettis/Aldo
2. Ronda/Cyborg
3. Jones/Velasquez
4. Ronda/Carano
5. Anderson/GSP comeback fight
6. Shaq/Canseco

Frank Vs Ken
Obama Vs An Erupting Volcano....oooh president bash
~Jack Sears

A super fight where sales don't matter? That's funny especially since we are discussing prize fighters

Aldo vs Barao for me, though it will never happen.

The only super fights I see with a possibility if happening are MM vs Barao and Aldi vs Pettis after he defends the belt a few times

I'd cream my pants for either of those

OP says "sales don't matter?" Why else would you book it, lol.

I'm going to ignore that point and give these as the biggest potential superfights they could book that don't include Brock Lesnar...and would include anyone within one weight class of each other but not in the same weight class. I'm also not using anyone twice

GSP vs Chris Weidman
Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
Cain Velasquez vs Rashad Evans
Junior Dos Santos vs Chael Sonnen (lol at this fight but it would draw)
Johnny Hendricks vs Vitor Belfort
Nick Diaz vs Michael Bisping
Frankie Edgar vs Benson Henderson
Carlos Condit vs Lyoto Machida
Frank Mir vs Shogun Rua
Big Nog vs Glover Teixeira

It has got to be Aldo vs Pettis. This fight has all the potential in the world.

UFC cant make superfights

they never make anything when its relevent

I wanted to see JDS vs overeem but now it's pretty much sailed by and the hype is dead

Aldo vs Pettis or Aldo vs Barao that seems to be the top matches people want to see. The first match is possible some day the 2nd will require boxing like split pay to make it happen. I doubt they would fight for even that money if UFC could put the 2nd fight together. I personally would like to see Cain vs DC but that's not going to happen either. Weidman vs JBJ is something that could be good as well.

Last edited:
You need two guys who are on a roll. This means two dominant champions in adjacent weight classes, or else a fighter that has been built up in another promotion.

Taking sales into account, the biggest fight that could be made would be Rousey versus Floyd Mayweather under MMA rules. Possibly 2 million buys.

TS made this thread just to sneak Rousey vs Mousasi in there and see how many people would notice. I gotta admit TS it made me lmao :D

Back