What is the biggest scam?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can only speak in terms of America (The US).

1. Higher Education - Colleges and Universities (And I'm a Professor!). You basically have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a piece of paper that says you can get a job where you will earn enough to pay for the school in 50 years. Now the price of tuition wasn't always so ludicrous, but it is now. You have to spend hundreds on books that you have to renew every time they change the edition because they added the word "the" to it. I remember when I attended back in the day we had all sorts of technology fees and crap, I can only imagine how much worse it's gotten.
1 a) Student loans that leach off of said scams.​

2. Insurance - Many may not agree with me, but I think it is nonsense... especially mandated insurance and I'm speaking particularly of car insurance though others may apply. It's so crazy when you break it down... I gotta pay a recurring fee in case some shit happens. If nothing happens, they get free money. If some shit does happen to occur, they fix whatever it is for me, and charge me a deductable, then they may even "punish" me for using them by increasing my premium. Wtf??
{<huh}

I've yet to have an idiot damage my car and have their insurance pay me.

3. Healthcare - Again, I'm talking about the United States. Waiting room lollipop - $25. Insulin - $1,000. Napkins to cry in - $500. Just the thought of a hardworking person not being able to afford life-saving procedures is absurd. Hell, that's the entire premise behind Breaking Bad - a talented science teacher who also works a side job cannot afford to treat his cancer.

What do you think?

4. Sherdog Platinum Accounts - Ooh, I can change my name and add a poll on a Kung Fu forum now.
giphy.gif

̶5.̶ ̶H̶o̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶–̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶-̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶P̶o̶n̶z̶i̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶e̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶x̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶m̶a̶-̶-̶

Some dude broke down the funeral scam industry on YouTube. They're basically like car salesmen taking advantage of people in a hurt place. Also, he said there is not such thing as a weather-proof casket, water is gonna leak in there eventually.

Nailed both. Well done. Both are fucking rip-offs.

Healthcare.
I agree.
When I die yall can each take turns using my dead body to prank each other and stuff.
Im gonna be plastinated so I wont be too gross.

I agree.
When I die yall can each take turns using my dead body to prank each other and stuff.
Im gonna be plastinated so I wont be too gross.
The only instruction I have for husband is whatever the hell he wants to be the least stressful and the quickest.
Trying to up sell during a time like that is fucking horrid.

Crypto currency and NFTs.

The second biggest scam is convincing yourself that college is a scam because you didn’t go, or dropped out, and now it’s too late for you to go back. If you live in the US today, college is even more necessary than it was decades ago. Since union jobs have all but been killed off along with manufacturing jobs, America’s economy is almost entirely service based. Service based industries typically require you have a college education if you want them to employ you.

I think the word you're looking for is "please" :D

Crypto currency and NFTs.

The second biggest scam is convincing yourself that college is a scam because you didn’t go, or dropped out, and now it’s too late for you to go back. If you live in the US today, college is even more necessary than it was decades ago. Since union jobs have all but been killed off along with manufacturing jobs, America’s economy is almost entirely service based. Service based industries typically require you have a college education if you want them to employ you.
I think it is more the general requirement to buy your degree from the degree mills masquerading as institutions of higher learning in order to land the job. Sure, there are people that go to college to actually master their knowledge on a subject, but in reality they are just flooding the job market with degrees they play a part in ensuring people need to purchase.

Back