What is the big deal with fighters in the same camp fighting each other?

its not a street fight it is a competition nothing personal. they dedicate their lives to be the best.

If a friendship cant withstand a sports competition they aren't very good friends.

It is not like a basketball game dude. You are punching and kicking your friends and putting them is serious danger of permanent harm. We know that we do this at some risk but I will not put my very close friends at that risk.

If you really believe what you say, go against one of your buddies who trains and fights either 2 weight classes above you or below you with the caveat that nobody can take it easy. See how much you enjoy either getting the shit kicked out of you OR kicking the shit out of your friend. Then come back here and say "It's just a competition man!"

They know they're gonna lose, so they invent the whole "friend" thing.

its not a street fight it is a competition nothing personal. they dedicate their lives to be the best.

If a friendship cant withstand a sports competition they aren't very good friends.

I know it's not a street fight, not many sports involve you beating the shit out of your friend. Some people just don't have as big of an ego as you I guess.

Spoken like a person who has never trained mixed martial arts.

Judging from your ignorance, your friends would have no problems fighting you because since you don't train, you'd be an easy win.

This is exactly what I was going to post.

There is something special that develops between humans when they train together and help each other improve. There is a bond of trust and respect. I have mainly experienced it in team sports. It is very common bond that develops in combat sports as well. Friendship isn't a strong enough word for it.

It is not like a basketball game dude. You are punching and kicking your friends and putting them is serious danger of permanent harm. We know that we do this at some risk but I will not put my very close friends at that risk.

If you really believe what you say, go against one of your buddies who trains and fights either 2 weight classes above you or below you with the caveat that nobody can take it easy. See how much you enjoy either getting the shit kicked out of you OR kicking the shit out of your friend. Then come back here and say "It's just a competition man!"

we go hard in my gym every day and push our selves so I dont see us getting paid to do it for a world title being that big a deal.

we go hard in my gym every day and push our selves so I dont see us getting paid to do it for a world title being that big a deal.

That's practice, when it comes to the real thing it's different. For the reasons people stated earlier. These guys develop a bond, the help each other succeed, the success of a fighter goes beyond just him. That's why people say thanks to all my training partners In The interview. To some guys that means more to them than money, seeing your friend have his moment and know you were apart of it is a very humbling feeling. Man ts is Greedy and has an ego, I know I don't know you but to me that's how you come off, and that's someone I would not want to associate with In my gym.

That's practice, when it comes to the real thing it's different. For the reasons people stated earlier. These guys develop a bond, the help each other succeed, the success of a fighter goes beyond just him. That's why people say thanks to all my training partners In The interview. To some guys that means more to them than money, seeing your friend have his moment and know you were apart of it is a very humbling feeling. Man ts is Greedy and has an ego, I know I don't know you but to me that's how you come off, and that's someone I would not want to associate with In my gym.

do you really think I care you dont want to be my friend LOL?:icon_lol:

If we cant be friends because you are the champ and I have trained my whole life to be the champ so I want to fight the champ who just happens to be my friend so be it we were not very good friends in the first place.

many fighters have fought there friends.

I never really understood why fighters have such a big problem with it. Its just a sport, they train everyday to be the best fighter what is the big deal with competing against each other?

A guys Like DC and Machida put their own careers on hold just so they dont have to fight their friends its pretty dumb IMO.

DC should have no problem fighting Cain for the belt its just a competition to see who the best fighter is, they dont have to be enemies to compete.

I would fight my own brother if they paid us enough. i would even train with him for the fight LOL.

People don't see the world the way you do. I wouldn't fight my brother.

People don't see the world the way you do. I wouldn't fight my brother.

I dont expect people to. The only person who sees the world like me is me.

I fought my brother over a chair once I would not have a problem doing it for say a million dollars and a world title

I always thought they would be boring fights if two training partners fought.

They spar a lot, know each others in's and out's; it would almost cancel each other out a bit. Plus I doubt that a lot of close training partners would have that killer instinct towards each other. They aren't just buddies in the gym, they hang out, they have meals together, their families are friends. I mean could I trying to KO someone that my kids like and play with? No way.

I used to think it was dumb that training partners didn't want to fight, until i started training. As a training partner, you pretty much know everything about your gym mates, for example, where they're injured.

Now, as a training partner, you know your buddy has a weak ankle, do you go for his ankle in competition? Or are you gonna hold back?

do you really think I care you dont want to be my friend LOL?:icon_lol:

If we cant be friends because you are the champ and I have trained my whole life to be the champ so I want to fight the champ who just happens to be my friend so be it we were not very good friends in the first place.

many fighters have fought there friends.

I didn't say you did, don't flatter yourself there pal. I'm just trying to give my opinion I'm not trying to get a reaction by calling you greedy and egotistical. Yes many friends have fought friends, many friends have chosen not too as well. Like my first post said it's personal choice, what's the big deal about friends not wanting to fight? And you care that much about being number one why? Can't be number one forever. So whats the point of working for something that you won't even have when your 40? You have forty more years to live and having the title of number one, something you worked hard to achieve for 10 years only to have it for less than that is worth long lasting friendships and relationships?

I dont expect people to. The only person who sees the world like me is me.

I fought my brother over a chair once I would not have a problem doing it for say a million dollars and a world title

Not to be rude but what's your relationship like with your brother?

I didn't say you did, don't flatter yourself there pal. I'm just trying to give my opinion I'm not trying to get a reaction by calling you greedy and egotistical. Yes many friends have fought friends, many friends have chosen not too as well. Like my first post said it's personal choice, what's the big deal about friends not wanting to fight? And you care that much about being number one why? Can't be number one forever. So whats the point of working for something that you won't even have when your 40? You have forty more years to live and having the title of number one, something you worked hard to achieve for 10 years only to have it for less than that is worth long lasting friendships and relationships?
Is this a joke post?

To be an effective training partner requires a lot of trust and honesty because you're constantly showing your weaknesses in order to improve.

Teammates need to be honest about your weaknesses, whereas if two teammates have to fight each other, they're maybe going to be holding those kinds of things back.

It's hard to be so open and trusting when you might have fight that person sometime in the future.

So if you have fights between training partners, you basically end up with a less-effective team.

Is this a joke post?

No not at all, what makes you say that? I get it dude you have your priorities and I have mine. Just trying to give insight as to why partners don't fight each other.

And I'm sure you're brother would agree to that fight, only if you split the money with him haha

Back