What is the best way to submit a greaser?

My guess would be Arm triangle- and from on top.

With all this talk of greasing camps- it's funny if you look at the most common submissions used against said camp for losses...

I would go with a non-triangle choke. Anything that requires his arm would allow his arm to slip out. RNC is usually the best submission for any question like this. "What's the best way to submit ____?" RNC. It's extremely tight, secure, and anything with a blood flow will succumb to it. That's why the Gracies preached taking the back and applying the choke as the most dominant position and preferred finish. You're safe, it's terribly hard to escape, and no matter what size it works equally.

I also find that non-triangle chokes are the best thing for anyone who is slippery. As a result most of my no gi game is finishing with chokes. Guillotine, RNC, and the occasional arm triangle are my #1 no gi submissions, but mainly the first two.

Bullshit he clearly thought that Nate was greasing and reacted, valid concern when Nate is coming from a Greg Jacksons

Palhares will win a rematch

Nate essentially won by sucker punch, and Palhares wasn't even really out, jumped right back up and didn't seem that dazed or beat up, Palhares was covering up well after that initial sucker punch which didn't knock him out just knocked him back

I see this as the David Terrell fight, the ref should have stopped and checked

well i mean, nate didn't exactly do the most honorable thing imaginable by bashing his face in when palhares was looking at the ref, but it's still toquinho's fault. first off, he lost top positioning going for the heel hook and he didn't protect himself.

i personally wouldn't jump on him, but i'm also not a professional mixed martial artist that needs to win fights in order to provide income for his family. these chaps don't play, if they see a legal way to win they'll take it.

i would like to see a rematch though, the fight ended too quickly and over a stupid mistake that i think wouldn't be repeated.

Have you rolled with a greased up dude? I haven't but can imagine an oil based lubricant would be a hell of a lot slicker than slightly salty water.

it's not jsut salt water seeping through your pores. Your body secretes plenty of oils too. If both parties are worked up and sweaty then it's like trying to grab a fish....

it's not jsut salt water seeping through your pores. Your body secretes plenty of oils too. If both parties are worked up and sweaty then it's like trying to grab a fish....

Yup. You see this a lot in wrestling, even in practice. Some guys are just naturally greasy. Its just part of no-gi grappling ... if its not bad enough that the ref thinks its a problem, then its just someone making excuses.

I wonder sometimes if the complaints come from guys so used to working with gi's or t-shirts that they don't realize how slippery the human skin becomes when you sweat ... you'll note its not too many wrestlers complaining about it, largely because we're aware that after a couple of minutes of wrestling people are naturally greasy.

You modify your techniques accordingly, and move on. In any case, in no sport do you turn attention away from your opponent to talk to the ref before the whistle is blown - you can no more blame Nate for continuing than you'd blame a hockey player for burying the puck in the net if the opposition goalie leaves the crease to talk to the ref before the whistle is blown. They're professional athletes, not kids, and know the rules.

In this case, you'll note that Palhares has already apologized, and said that he was mistaken about Nate being greased.

Last edited:
Bullshit he clearly thought that Nate was greasing and reacted, valid concern when Nate is coming from a Greg Jacksons

Palhares will win a rematch

Nate essentially won by sucker punch, and Palhares wasn't even really out, jumped right back up and didn't seem that dazed or beat up, Palhares was covering up well after that initial sucker punch which didn't knock him out just knocked him back

I see this as the David Terrell fight, the ref should have stopped and checked

lol,

first, phil nurse put vaseline on gsp, not a guy from jackson's.

Second, when palhares heelhooks someone: when does he let go? when the guy taps or when the refs stop it????

so, he is smart enough to crank a sub til the ref comes, but stupid enough to stop fighting and point and complain?

did murillo not tell him to protect yourself at all times?

should we allow fighters to call timeouts?

anyone who calls nate a cheap shot for this does not know the first thing about mma.

so, palhares goes for a leglock and nate escapes and gets good position,
his opponent forgets he is in a fight

now you really thing nate should stop fighting? If so, that is retarded, sorry but it is.

RNC is my call for the best submission against someone who is greasing.

Choke him with the lapel of his leather or denim jacket, or perhaps his wallet chain. The boots make footlocks difficult, and if you try a RNC you'll get pomade all over you
You're very good.

Here's a question: what can you eat in your diet to sweat out more natural oils?

Yes, I've also rolled with some people who were naturally oily. Could be that they just don't wash very well. That's something you could do......just "rinse off" for like a week or two before your fight. No soap, just water. The oil on our skin should be pretty good by then.

img828247442840b663f.jpg

Back