4-1000x1290.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 1-1-1024x683.jpg
    1-1-1024x683.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-1024x805 (1).jpg
    2-1024x805 (1).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 17
Does it matter if you have chin protection for Kickboxing?
I ordered a Top King size large headgear but it is really tight around the chin even though my head measures 23.25”. They don’t have XL.
I was looking at Revgear Champion II or Twins HGL3 as an alternative. If I want the Top King in XL I would have to buy off eBay from Thailand. Just a bit worried that it won’t fit!

Does it matter if you have chin protection for Kickboxing?
I ordered a Top King size large headgear but it is really tight around the chin even though my head measures 23.25”. They don’t have XL.
I was looking at Revgear Champion II or Twins HGL3 as an alternative. If I want the Top King in XL I would have to buy off eBay from Thailand. Just a bit worried that it won’t fit!

I think it's up to you and what you find, I personally have used an AIBA Adidas headguard most of the time for sparring which is an open face headguard without any chin or cheek protectors and it suits me fine. Paulie Malignaggi and Guillermo Rigondeaux do the same, although the majority of professional fighters in boxing and in Muay Thai opt for cheek protector headguards. Most people in either sport don't use headguards which cover the chin.

I think it's up to you and what you find, I personally have used an AIBA Adidas headguard most of the time for sparring which is an open face headguard without any chin or cheek protectors and it suits me fine. Paulie Malignaggi and Guillermo Rigondeaux do the same, although the majority of professional fighters in boxing and in Muay Thai opt for cheek protector headguards. Most people in either sport don't use headguards which cover the chin.
Thanks for the info.
I wasn’t sure if it provided better protection from uppercuts or indeed kicks. I’ve only been kickboxing over a year and a half and there are a few ex world champions in the club, so just making sure I get one with adequate protection.

Thanks for the info.
I wasn’t sure if it provided better protection from uppercuts or indeed kicks. I’ve only been kickboxing over a year and a half and there are a few ex world champions in the club, so just making sure I get one with adequate protection.

I'd say the best way for you to protect your head is to avoid sparring with the former world champions.

Top ten headgear owners, is their size chart accurate?

S 18.5''-20.5'' 47-52cm
M 20.9''-22.4'' 53-57cm
L 22.8''-25.2'' 58-64cm

if you got the headgear according to this chart, is it snug fit or loose fit?

The TopTen Bayflex headgears are very flexible in terms of adjustment. The straps on the back of the head and under the chin will allow for decent margins in both directions. It is more a matter of head shape and hair volume than size wheter the headgear will have a snug fit or not. I find, it usually has a rather snug fit and the M size can be worn by people up to 24 inches and maybe more, depending on how much hair they have and so on. If you fit it tight and fasten it properly it will neither slip not slide since it drains the sweat better than other headgear. The biggest plus of the TopTen is definitely the free vision. Unlike other full protection headgears it will be the only one with no impairments.

The TopTen Bayflex headgears are very flexible in terms of adjustment. The straps on the back of the head and under the chin will allow for decent margins in both directions. It is more a matter of head shape and hair volume than size wheter the headgear will have a snug fit or not. I find, it usually has a rather snug fit and the M size can be worn by people up to 24 inches and maybe more, depending on how much hair they have and so on. If you fit it tight and fasten it properly it will neither slip not slide since it drains the sweat better than other headgear. The biggest plus of the TopTen is definitely the free vision. Unlike other full protection headgears it will be the only one with no impairments.

I dont know, I had the avant garde and also the other model and the biggest downside for me was slipperyness from sweating because theres nothing to absorb the sweat so the material and your face just stays wet, I liked my Adidas AIBA slightly better although I know that is just personal preference and Ive never found a great margin of difference in performance between any of the AIBA approved headguards

surprised nobody here mentioned top boxer but mentioned uma so im guessing uma is much better

My Top King size large didn’t fit. Considering ordering the XL from Thailand or going with Revgear or Rival D3O.

i recommend the leone CS415
My friend of mine just bought leone aniversary gloves and the stitching is falling apart already only from 1 week of usage. QC issue since only affecting 1 glove. They are made in Pakistan and the leather smells like cheap leather shoe.
For euro 100 they don't feel like a worth buy.
That stops me from looking at leone products..

Last edited:
My friend of mine just bought leone aniversary gloves and the stitching is falling apart already only from 1 week of usage. QC issue since only affecting 1 glove. They are made in Pakistan and the leather smells like cheap leather shoe.
For euro 100 they don't feel like a worth buy.
That stops me from looking at leone products..
I am using the Leone blast for about 3-4 months 3 days a week, and they are still looks new. After workout i am leaving them in a room with opened velkro and they don't stink a bit. Also on the package was "made in central or eastern Europe".

Only headgear I used back in the day was a lit cigarette and my balls. This new generation is soft. Lil brain damage never hurt nobody. If you can drive yourself home after a training session, did you really even train?

Back