What is the best fight of all time?

Manhoef vs Cyborg 1.

Blows my mind people don't talk more about this one.....

Manhoef vs Cyborg 1.

Blows my mind people don't talk more about this one.....

I doubt 90% of people have seen it. Close to 10 years ago and not in UFC/Pride.

Being a Brit, I have most of the Cage Rages on DVD.

For me it will always be Fedor vs CroCop.
The anticipation, my two favourite fighters going against each other, everything made it a classic for me.
The actual fight was great, but not a masterpiece, yet it's still "the one" for me.

how hunt didnt ko silva blows my mind. Cormier must be one hard hitting sob

I loved the way Hunt started massively using his elbows after he broke his hand (IIRC), but if the hand was ok...I think he would have eventually gotten the KO.

I still hold Shogun rua - henderson 1 as the best, it would of been even more amazing if rua had pulled off the comeback.

fedor vs. randelman.

Provided us with one of the most spectacular moments in MMA history, but too short for it to be my favourite.

Condit/Miura is a fantastic fight that is not commonly mentioned, as is Pettis/Bendo 1.
In more recent times I liked Hunt/Bigfoot, but that has a special place for me as it was my first live event. Yeah, it was a bit of a sloppy brawl, but the heart shown, and the momentum swings....it was pretty epic.

how hunt didnt ko silva blows my mind. Cormier must be one hard hitting sob

That was on its way to a TKO until the ref stopped the fight in the 5th to have the doctor inspect Silva's cut - he was taking a beating prior to that, Hunt had his second wind and was laying it on. That was very, very poor refereeing.

I doubt 90% of people have seen it. Close to 10 years ago and not in UFC/Pride.

Being a Brit, I have most of the Cage Rages on DVD.

I did a thread a while back about why people didn't mention this one more when talking about greatest fights. Was told it get's mentioned a lot, but I don't see them.... It was unbelievable epic back and forth action!!!!

Hendo Shogun 1
Gus Jones
GSP Hendricks
Hendricks Lawler
Henderson Pettis 1
etc etc

Nick Diaz vs Diego Sanchez. Watch one of the best grapplers in the sport get thoroughly dominated on the ground. People who complain that grappling is boring should watch it.

Dan Henderson vs Nog II. Amazing fight. Dan was at a 40 pound weight disadvantage weighing in at 190 with Nog weighing in at 230.

Edgar/Maynard 2 or 3.
Pettis/Bendo 1.
Alvarez/Chandler 1.

Nick Diaz vs Diego Sanchez. Watch one of the best grapplers in the sport get thoroughly dominated on the ground. People who complain that grappling is boring should watch it.

Totally forgot that one, i believe nick only had his purple (mabey brown, to lazy to look it up) belt back then. But that was indeed an amazing fight!

My own personal favourites are JDS vs Hunt, Frye vs Takayama and of course Hunt vs Bigfoot (my first ever ufc, was unreal). Poirier vs Zombie is well worth a mention too, the 4th was possibly the best round was a perfect example of why I watch mma

there is only one answer

CHUCK VS. WAND

Not impressed by that performance.

Wand looked so small next to Chuck -- way smaller than his PRIDE FC monster days. Neither guy really did anything impressive or really landed anything solid or had any good submission attempts.

Back