What is the best fight of all time?

IMO it's Henderson vs Pettis I in the WEC. A belt (and what was suppose to be a UFC title shot) at stake & the last WEC fight of all time. Great standup exchanges, amazing grappling exchanges, tied 2-2 going into the 5th. Then THE kick. That's going to be nearly impossible to beat for me.

After that I'd say KZ/Garcia I & Alvarez/Chandler I are tied for second. Hunt/Bigfoot doesn't get the love on here it deserves. That's was one of the best fights I've ever seen & it's recent enough that I still remember the hype I had. A personal favorite of mine most forget was Couture/Nog. Both were old but that was a back & forth war between legends.

Hard to answer considering no one can immediately recall every good bout they've seen then rank them accurately. Some like sloppy gassed out rock 'em sock 'em robots bouts. I like when something awesome happened like some great technique executed flawlessly, or one guy rising to the occasion and being head & shoulders better than his opponent.

In no order:

GSP vs Hughes 2, Fitch, Trigg
Hughes vs Trigg 1 & 2
Jones vs Shogun, Lyoto, Vitor
Crocop vs Wanderlei 1 & 2, Aleksander Emelianenko, Igor Vovchanchyn, Magomedov, Herring
Gomi vs Azeredo 1
Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot Silva
Matt Brown vs Erick Silva
Niko Vitale vs Jason Miller
Rampage vs Wanderlei 1 & 2
Fedor vs Randleman, Coleman 1, Fujita
Eddie Alvarez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri, Joachim Hansen, Katsunori Kikuno
Pat Curran vs Marlon Sandro
Nate Marquardt vs Tyron Woodley
Josh Thomson vs Nate Diaz

Edgar vs Maynard 2 & 3, Jones vs Gus, and Hendo vs Shogun are my top 3

I don't think there is a definitive answer to this one

220px-Ufc_9.JPG

At this moment, I'm going to say Edgar - Maynard 2. At another moment I might say Jones - Gus.

Edgar vs Maynard 2 & 3, Jones vs Gus, and Hendo vs Shogun are my top 3

That's a pretty solid list. Now, I know that it lasted less than a round, but Hughes vs Trigg 2 is what immediately springs to mind. So many amazing moments within a 4 minute period. I'd been a fan since Bravo bought the rights to the UFC in the UK in 2004, but this fight and indeed card sold the deal for me. Plus, its Uncle Dana's favorite fight, so....well...

Back