What is Sherdog’s primary source for old Shooto fights?

Chomsky Honk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I’m talking the ancient Shooto fights from the 80’s with no available footage.

The reason I ask is fight finder doesn’t track weight class and I’m curious if the source Sherdog used for fight finder did

I’m talking the ancient Shooto fights from the 80’s with no available footage.

The reason I ask is fight finder doesn’t track weight class and I’m curious if the source Sherdog used for fight finder did
Our Fight Finder administrators have changed over the years, and most of the longtime contributors to the service are no longer with the company. I'll look into it, but checking the internal code we don't have weight classes documented on those either.

I can tell you offhand that early Shooto staple Kenji Kawaguchi fought around 170-185 pounds back then, between 77-84 kilos.

Our Fight Finder administrators have changed over the years, and most of the longtime contributors to the service are no longer with the company. I'll look into it, but checking the internal code we don't have weight classes documented on those either.

I can tell you offhand that early Shooto staple Kenji Kawaguchi fought around 170-185 pounds back then, between 77-84 kilos.

Thank you for responding. Without any video footage of the events I was wondering where the hell all this information even came from on Sherdog/Wikipedia/Fight Matrix

Compliments to the Fight Finder staff.
I looked up many fights and fighters through the years.

Back