What is on your Facebook news feed?

odog

A cat trapped in a dog's body
@Silver
Reaction score
When I hear other people on Sherdog mention Facebook, I get the impression that many, or most, people have a very different experience with it than I do. I didn't grow up in the social media generation and neither did most people I know. Therefore my news feed is very tame and nothing like what I often hear about.

So my proposal is for everyone to give a short description of the last 10 things in your feed or just the most interesting things you got today. You don't have to give specifics. Just the gist of what you are getting. Here is a boring list of the last ten things in my feed.

Acquaintance from high school. Linking a news story about a missing child.

Different acquaintance from high school mentioning playoff hockey.

The first acquaintance I mentioned makes two more posts about things she read in the news today.

Yet another high school acquaintance posts link to semi-humorous news story.

Some girl I slept with years ago and barely remember post a humorous photo I have seen several times.

Internet friend shares video of Michael Sam

Actual friend I rarely see make post about minimum wage.

Actual friend's wife post a political story.

Yet another acquaintance from high school links a huff post story about gay rights .

Ex-friend with benefits post pictures of a hike with her fianc

A lot of ghetto pics that ppl like pop up on mine.

every post by every one of my friends and myself ever is only "the tourettes guy"

australian government just released the budget and everyone on facebook is bitching about it.

non. fucking. stop.

every. fucking. post.

My news feed is normally clogged up with pages that I have liked such as MMA, News, Sports, Music, etc.

I've had a few friends over the years that constantly clogged up the news feed with stupid shit like religious rants but I either end up unfriending them or at the very least unfollowing them.

Just looking at my news feed, it seems that all of the actual people are either posting pictures or random inane complaints about their lives, schools, jobs, other people, etc.

"just punched a mexican"

befriend some rappers on facebook, I guarantee you wont regret it

I'll play this game, ok, 10 latest posts.

Old work colleague talking about how tough life is.
BJ Penn shared a link about Jay Z being assaulted.
Actually friend shared an epic rap battle video.
School acquaintance liked a post.
Spot Me Bro page, something about girls asses.
College friend shared the new Batman Suit
BJ Penn shared another thing about Jay Z.
BJ Penn shared Bas Ruttens opinion about JJ.
Same College friend was tagged in a bunch of pictures.
MMA friend shared a photo company, or something.

Things I've learnt.
90% of my newsfeed is from pages I've liked.
The rest is people I don't care about posting shit about their shitty lives.

Edit. And its only 8am, I'm sure the % will change from 90/10 to about 50/50 (pages/shitty lives) by 3pm.

1-asian hipster girl i fucked complaining about college
2-guy i trained with posting a cool photo
3-university meme site posting unfunny shit
4-friend posting pictures of herself
5-girl who used to work at cafe lu posting herself at the gym
10312044_10202867229434749_8086052817153925516_n.jpg
6-boss complaining about clippers game
7-gay social activists posting stupid gawker shit
8-friend posting a picture of all the protein and supplements he bought
9-hot korean girl announcing she is visiting california again (im tagged in it)
10-girl who was once hot, posting pictures hiding that shes fat now

I totally just did that.

terrible.

its just like when barry o farrell proposed the new laws in sydney to stop liquor purchasing after 10pm, no entry after 1:30am and last drinks at 3am.

as if the government is going to listen to anything said by the public on social media.

its done. game over.

1-asian hipster girl i fucked complaining about college
2-guy i trained with posting a cool photo
3-university meme site posting unfunny shit
4-friend posting pictures of herself
5-girl who used to work at cafe lu posting herself at the gym
10312044_10202867229434749_8086052817153925516_n.jpg
6-boss complaining about clippers game
7-gay social activists posting stupid gawker shit
8-friend posting a picture of all the protein and supplements he bought
9-hot korean girl announcing she is visiting california again (im tagged in it)
10-girl who was once hot, posting pictures hiding that shes fat now

id accept #5 appearing in my news feed over and over... and over.. and over a bit more. but any more than that id get angry.

Details of a BJJ comp from my gym,

picture of ryan gosling wearing a shirt with a picture of maculay culkin, school mate.

PIcture of BJJ class by my instructor

picture of a Samurai sword letter opener a mate bough

Vid of a ref choking out a fighter, by old training partner.

Hot chick I once tried to get with talking about how good cucumbers are for you.

Story about barefoot running shoe company lying.

Budget rant

Random comment about training.

Old training partner posting up a vid of his latest fight

Budget rant

Life got much better after I learned about the ignore function.

Many people I don't wish to block but I don't care what they ate either.

Mostly people in groups i joined making fun of anti-GMO, illuminati, truthers, conspiracy theorist types. They make me laugh.
Random pics and videos and games from friends.
Occasional conspiracy post/"inspirational" quotes from friends that are into that kinda thing.

I unliked everything i previously liked, deleted a whole lot of "friends" i don't speak to, and now just check up to see what close friends have posted. It's better this way lol.

terrible.

its just like when barry o farrell proposed the new laws in sydney to stop liquor purchasing after 10pm, no entry after 1:30am and last drinks at 3am.

as if the government is going to listen to anything said by the public on social media.

its done. game over.

Damn. They are introducing tougher liquor laws in Australia? That is one of the things I really liked in my time there. Where I live they have been going the other direction, loosening up crazy archaic rules about liquor.

tbh i mostly use facebook for messaging

i rarely actually post anything, but i end up talking with people at least 10x a day. prefer it over texting since i am constantly on and off the computer all day, its easier to type on the keyboard, but then integrated to my phone for when im AFK

what always weirds me out though are two things

1) whenever i see someone i know in person, on facebook. my posts are ALWAYS on the top of the newsfeed, even if its like 2 days old and there has been tons of new ones since, my friends always see mine within the first 5 posts. people tell me they see me on there all the time, yet i only post once a week max. i have no idea why their ranking system always puts my posts on the top

2) whenever i post a picture. NOBODY i actually talk to are the ones who like it. i talk to at least 30 people on there weekly or more, but when i post something. its people i havent talked to in 2+ years that like it within seconds.
like this picture
KtR3cxp.jpg
was posted 2 days ago. nothing special about it. but none of the 15 people who liked it have talked to me since like 2012, and none were even close to me at the time. yet 20 people who talked to me on facebook since then, didn't

I'm in my mid-30's, so it's like:

*Friend's baby's picture
*Friend's kid's pictures
*Post about babies doing baby shit
*Lame-ass motivational pics from loser friend (throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack)...dipshit
*Dinner picture of fucking tacos and margaritas...real original, considering I'm in Texas
*Some dorky science shit that I can't get enough of
*An MMA thread which surely contains idiots arguing
*My cousin posting some dumbshit, homophobic, religious drivel
*Another goddamn baby pic like I give a shit
*My attention whore cousin's 14th selfie this week

I am convinced that facebook is the 6th circle of hell for a single, childless, 30-something man.

Ukranian dude who started posting in Russian nonstop the last month or two. Before all the Ukraine stuff happened I hardly ever saw him post anything about Ukraine. He's a pretty cool guy but it's getting kind of annoying.

UFC.

Athletes and stuff I press 'Like' on.

Lots of "Omg graduating!!!" types of posts.

Bumping of old statuses/photos just so people can "LOL SO FUNNY"

Few guys who post daily training pics or statuses which aren't annoying and I like to read them.

This year myself and many of the people I went to high school with are graduating college. So a lot of graduating stuff and I'm sure in the next few months a lot of stuff about their new full-time job. Gonna be interesting 5-10 years from now when everyone is getting married and stuff.

Damn. They are introducing tougher liquor laws in Australia? That is one of the things I really liked in my time there. Where I live they have been going the other direction, loosening up crazy archaic rules about liquor.

lately here there has been a crazy influx of the king hit on a night out..

there was a young 18 year old boy who got killed by a some guy that king hit him round nye last year.

drunken violence has been increasing aswell on city hotspots on the weekends..

so- government finds it fitting to put the strictest strangle hold they can which they feel will be best suited to combating all this shit. they took it too far with the no take away alcohol after 10pm. 12am is the usual time bottle o's and take away liquor could be served and that time should have been kept. as for the no entry to venues after 1:30, i dont mind about that because id really only go to 1 club on a night out. as for last drinks served at 3am. that was a stinker.

i also forgot to mention, except for the 10pm cut off for purchasing take away alcohol, all this is only in the CBD area, and even though that is where most of the best venues are at other areas just 10mins away dont have these regulations.

Back