What is next for the "new" lighter Paul Buenetello?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was impressed bigtime at how the old heavyweight warrior Paul dropped to lhw and did great beating James McSweeney. Considering Paul's age and experience, I would like to hear opinions on where Paul may next be effective. Thanks.

I reckon WSOF will sign him as Spongs next opponent!

I fear the consequences Paul will face when he comes across better competition

Buentello vs Shogun is the fight to make. Buentello via liver punch.

I fear the consequences Paul will face when he comes across better competition

i-see-what-you-did-there-spiderman-jsTQbp.jpg

Bellator needs a legit 8 man tourney at 205, so put him in it. If Mo v Newton is a draw they can also just have Buentello v Vegh for the 205 title LOL

40 is what is next for him.

How did he look at 205?

40 is what is next for him.

How did he look at 205?

He looked OK. I honestly thought he looked pretty gaunt and unhealthy. He did beat McSweeney by tko, though it was from punching him on the ground after McSweeney gassed so hard that he literally could not stand up anymore.

I think just because 205 is pretty shallow that I still would not mind him getting a shot in Bellator or WSOF.

I fear for Paul. He looked in better shape at light heavyweight, but better shape for Paul isn't saying much. He just lost a lot of fat. He kind of looked like some random skinny guy while fighting McSweeney. Honestly, I was kind of afraid for him. Yet, he did win the fight in impressive fashion. I would love to see him in World Series of Fighting!

Jan Blachowicz, Steve Bosse and D.J. Linderman do not appear to have opponents lined up and all have complimentary styles so hopefully its one of them.

He was impressive at 205....Hopefully WSOF, Bellator, or KSW picks him up.

Back