Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think he could improve his knock out predictions tbh

He picked the round,easy work now hes predicting the minute

I want the seconds and maybe the shot?

Thats the only weakness I can find

thoughts?

Too humble. Works too hard. Doesn't promote himself enough. Too nice to the other featherweights.

He keeps his hands too low and relies on his speed/reaction time too much. He needs to tighten up his defense imo.

His weakness is being in a lighter weight division which is notoriously hard to bring attention to. Thing is, he's overcoming that.

Definitely, flying too low below the radar. Needs more hype.

Humble fanbase. how can he take off career wise if his own fans dont even mention all of his Herculean accomplishments?

I believe his only weakness (that we've seen) is the fact he can get too aggressive. He's been hit coming in with some nice shots (Poirer and Brimage fights). Obviously, this is hardly a weakness (since this is a fight, you're going to get hit). He fights and comes in with his head straight up, it's part of his style (which works) but I think he *could* get clipped with this approach, but it'll take an elite striker (Aldo, Swanson, possibly Mendes,Frankie) to capitalize on it.

I think this is concerning going into the Siver fight. I'm a huge McGregor fan and I'm nervous (hopefully, I'm just being overly anxious because i want nothing more than Aldo/Mcgregor). Siver is a great striker, a lot of people assume he's a grappler because of his build. He also has one of the best spinning back kicks in the UFC. Not to mention, which I think is his best weapon going into Sunday, is this strange falling away, sneaky, weird, left hook, that could catch an overly aggressive Conor.

Other than that, the obvious is wrestling. He showed takedown defense against Brandao, which while impressive, it's still nothing compared to Aldo, Frankie and Mendes.

Personally, while I do think he can get taken down, I think he's too big, strong and too good of cardio to get rag dolled (like Frankie/Swanson) for 5 rounds. I believe his TD defense is good enough to not make him a total liability in the grappling department (he's a brown belt and he goes up against Nelson, who's bigger and an elite grappler).

He has what, 1 top 15 fight in his entire career thusfar in Dustin Poirier. Now they're having him fight a past-his-prime Siver and that somehow determines a title shot.

I'd say his weakness is the fact that he's inexperienced against top competition. The UFC obviously doesn't hold him in that high of regard either or else they'd have him fight someone like Swanson, Edgar, or Mendes before he got his shot, but as it is, they know that he'll sell a ton of tickets with a fight against Aldo if he's still undefeated at the time so they're doing whatever they can to keep him away from anyone that poses a threat until that fight happens.

Gone are the days that they throw their up and comers to the wolves to see how they'll fare, it seems. Gotta protect that Ireland market I guess.

I believe his only weakness (that we've seen) is the fact he can get too aggressive. He's been hit coming in with some nice shots (Poirer and Brimage fights). Obviously, this is hardly a weakness (since this is a fight, you're going to get hit). He fights and comes in with his head straight up, it's part of his style (which works) but I think he *could* get clipped with this approach, but it'll take an elite striker (Aldo, Swanson, possibly Mendes,Frankie) to capitalize on it.

I think this is concerning going into the Siver fight. I'm a huge McGregor fan and I'm nervous (hopefully, I'm just being overly anxious because i want nothing more than Aldo/Mcgregor). Siver is a great striker, a lot of people assume he's a grappler because of his build. He also has one of the best spinning back kicks in the UFC. Not to mention, which I think is his best weapon going into Sunday, is this strange falling away, sneaky, weird, left hook, that could catch an overly aggressive Conor.

Other than that, the obvious is wrestling. He showed takedown defense against Brandao, which while impressive, it's still nothing compared to Aldo, Frankie and Mendes.

Personally, while I do think he can get taken down, I think he's too big, strong and too good of cardio to get rag dolled (like Frankie/Swanson) for 5 rounds. I believe his TD defense is good enough to not make him a total liability in the grappling department (he's a brown belt and he goes up against Nelson, who's bigger and an elite grappler).

Holy crap a Mcgregor fan actually speaking about him rationally, why can't they all be like you?

His opponents will to win. Connor has no weakness.
/ thread

He keeps his chin straight in the air like a karateka (although this has served Lyoto quite well), and he catches the occasional shot while coming in. His wrestling defense might be suspect, though I'm sure he's diligently working on his grappling.

The only other one I can think of is that he may be susceptible to leg kicks. He stands similarly to Lyoto who has shown a vulnerability to leg kicks, and I recall Poirer landing a leg kick or two, albeit without much commitment.

While I think he may starch Siver much like most people do, I do think this fight is going to show where a lot of Connor's abilities are at. Siver has decent/good take-downs, a wicked spinning back kick, heavy hands, and he's capable of putting a lot of pressure on opponents.

It'll be very interesting while it lasts.

Back