What is it about mma that there is so much drama/strong dislike between fighters

Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, arguably boxing's biggest stars, were trash talkers. But generally, boxing fans are more attracted to skill than just being a loud mouth(examples:Canelo, Pacquiao, Julio Cesar Chavez, GGG). In boxing, you actually need to have skills in order to be a star, but if you have skills and a loud mouth, that is even better. On the other hand, UFC fighters need to have charisma. Skills are not that important. Just look at Usman, he is a beast but lacks charisma, hence, he does not sell.

Seems like it happens a lot less in boxing lately never see Wilder and Fury tryna throw down in public or Spence and Crawford. In mma you had Jones& DC, Conor & Nate/Khabib, Masvidal Edwards/Usman/asscream, Usman & Asscream/Colby/ Masvidal/ , Khabib & Conor/Nate/Artem Seems like there is always some type of new random beef in the ufc with fighters hating their opponents and wanting to throw down on the spot. What makes ufc beefs that much serious.

Boxing was more popular when it had that

It should be even more, most of the MMArtists are way more sportsman like compared to boxing in the golden era
Hugging during the fight and shit! Man, get the fuck away from me with that! I'm tryna punch you.

It's almost as if one on one combat is more personal than tossing a ball around.

I've never gotten the idea that there is strong genuine dislike very often. I believe it is part of marketing the fights, and sometimes during this step maybe a fighter goes a touch overboard and there is a touch of genuine annoyance but not much.

It's simple, this isn't a team sport there is no one else to lay or share the blame on your failures or success, it all on you. This is why you see even in amateur wrestling very emotional participants. You lose you gotta eat some humble pie and people react differently in that situation. It becomes very prideful when its mono on mono.

They're about to beat each other ass and you think its going to be cordial all the time? Yall kill me with this shit. This the fight game not badminton.

"What is it about mma that there is so much drama/strong dislike between fighters".

It's called "Acting"!
;)

because the assholes in charge now require bad blood in advance in order to make a fight happen.

What he means is this.
Punching only vs punching, kicking, choking, ground and pound.
Than maybe he should say that instead of making himself look like a moron who is insecure about MMA

Than maybe he should say that instead of making himself look like a moron who is insecure about MMA
I agree, i thought it obvious as to what it meant, but it did sound a bit rude to a boxers ability.

I agree, i thought it obvious as to what it meant, but it did sound a bit rude to a boxers ability.
It came across as someone who has a huge inferiority complex about MMA

Back