What is going on with Heavyweight...heres my plan

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First theres DC...who I think is waiting for Brock and therefore would take a LHW fight before Brock

Stipe wants another shot at DC, but probably wont get it...I think he should fight Volkov for the next title shot after Brock

That leaves Blaydes without an opponent, so lets give him Derrick Lewis, the rankings makes sense

Not sure when Werdum is coming back, same with Rothwell, but I feel that would be a good fight

JDS should fight Ngannou, lets see if JDS can continue to climb back to his former contender or if Ngannou can bounce back

Cain, who knows when hes coming back, but lets see him face Marcin Tybura as a tune up fight to shake the rust off

That leaves Overeem, feed him to Tai Tuivasa. It gives Overeem an easier opponent with less experience, or see if Tai can turn the corner into contendership

Hunt is fighting Oleinik

Lastly, lets see Arlowski fight the guy JDS just beat...I think Ivanov.

Everyone else is far away from contendership

DC vacates heavy weight and CM punk moves up to fight Brock for the vacant belt.

pretty sure Rothwell is done.
I like JDS v Ngannou and Overeem v Tuivasa a lot though. On paper Overeem is far more skilled and accomplished but Tuivasa could catch him. dudes got some explosive power

UFN-121-Best-of-TAI-TUIVASA-vs-Rashad-Coulter-Highlights-part-2.gif

Well thought out, all sound like good possible match ups.

javier mendez mentioned on Ariel's show the other day that Cain is healthy and ready to fight, but who knows. if that's the case I book Stipe/Cain. that could be one of the few non-title fights in the promotion that could main a PPV

Personally I hate Lewis vs Blaydes, think that would be a snoozefest. Rather see Lewis vs Volkov

DC do you love me? Are you riding? Say you'll never ever leave me.

First theres DC...who I think is waiting for Brock and therefore would take a LHW fight before Brock

Stipe wants another shot at DC, but probably wont get it...I think he should fight Volkov for the next title shot after Brock

That leaves Blaydes without an opponent, so lets give him Derrick Lewis, the rankings makes sense

Not sure when Werdum is coming back, same with Rothwell, but I feel that would be a good fight

JDS should fight Ngannou, lets see if JDS can continue to climb back to his former contender or if Ngannou can bounce back

Cain, who knows when hes coming back, but lets see him face Marcin Tybura as a tune up fight to shake the rust off

That leaves Overeem, feed him to Tai Tuivasa. It gives Overeem an easier opponent with less experience, or see if Tai can turn the corner into contendership

Hunt is fighting Oleinik

Lastly, lets see Arlowski fight the guy JDS just beat...I think Ivanov.

Everyone else is far away from contendership
All sounds great to me. Especially the part about Cain finally coming back...

Is Travis Browne still alive and employed?

If that I would say fuck him and let him welcome Cain... again.

Depending on what contenders you want to appear
Ngannou v Volkov and Lewis v Blaydes to see whos next in line once DC/Stipe/Brock is figured out
JDS v Arlovski/Overeem 2 see where they are in their careers just now, didnt know i wanted to see JDS and Arlovski until now and also JDS needs that win back from Overeem maybe even set up a rubber match to keep them busy
Tuivasa v Tybura/Abdurakhimov/Overeem
Assuming we want to build Tuivasa up it has to be these three options on why
Tybura: presents legit takedown and grappling threat but also similar stature might make for a good toe to toe fight
Abdurakhimov: Good chin so Tuivasa can dish damage and look good for longer
Overeem: Crafty vet, give Tai seriously problems but has that off switch that Tai could smash at any moment and propel himself with another name
Wouldnt mind Hunt v Oleinik winner v Stipe or even JDS, JDS if you just want more fights while the rest of the top 5 settles or Stipe if DC/Brock happens to get Stipe fighting and another win

As long as we get Lewis vs Ngannou 2, I’ll be happy.

Except Volkov is scheduled to fight Lewis next.

Back