What is Ellenburgers chances against Brown? Anyone picking Ellenburger?

My heart is certainly picking him. Before his shy-fever he was one of the most entertaining and kinetic fighters around.

Matt Browne has certainly proven himself very hitable though. Especially in the early going. It is the downside of his strategy to put pressure on his opponents and punish them as they are retreating. Both Erik Silva and Mein floored him in the early going. And with Ellenberger's gorilla power, that can show itself to be determinential.

He'd have a pretty good chance if this were the Ellenberger from about 5 years ago. And it would be a really fast-paced, entertaining fight. Either Jake finishes Brown early or Brown survives a lot of damage and beats a gassed Jake.

Now? Unless Jake really changes his mindset and game plan, this is a really tough fight. He doesn't deal well with pressure, which is Brown's specialty.

Lay and Pray (like what Hendricks did) is his only chance

T/KO is possible but Brown is tough as nails

I don't fancy Ellenberger against anyone on the roster these days apart from the handful of borderline scrubs at the very bottom of the division. Brown's gonna hammer him.

ellenberger-kd-thompson.gif

It's hard to completely count out Ellenberger for a fight. Even now he still has monster power when he connects.

In his losing streak he still stunned Lawler, was outstriking Gastelum until a terrible brain fart, dropped Wonderboy, and stunned Saffiedine. The issue seems to be that he has little confidence in his chin since the Kampmann fight and is very gunshy.

lol no, Brown is going to run through Jake

Anyone can win a fight. I keep relearning that underdogs usually still have a great chance to win. Kicked myself for not taking the odds on Jake.

Back