What is Dirty Boxing?

Zombie thread attacks!!

Well, while we're here lets list some good example of dirty boxing

Cain vs JDS III
Couture vs Gonzaga
Barnett vs Mir

I especially liked in the Couture/Gonzaga fight when Randy had a body lock against the cage and would break and elbow Gonzaga every time he [Gonzaga] tried to pummel for an under-hook.

Zombie thread attacks!!

Cain vs JDS III
Couture vs Gonzaga
Barnett vs Mir

I especially liked in the Couture/Gonzaga fight when Randy had a body lock against the cage and would break and elbow Gonzaga every time he [Gonzaga] tried to pummel for an under-hook.

but from Randy to Cain how was the evolution of dirty boxing until today? was it a vast evolution or almost remain the same?

Zombie thread attacks!!

Cain vs JDS III
Couture vs Gonzaga
Barnett vs Mir

Barnett, Cormier and Big Nog all beat the shit out of Mir in the clinch.

Johnny Hendricks is probably the most dangerous dirty boxer around right now. He's strong as a bull, sets it up with body shots and drops people with uppercuts from a single collar tie. Pretty much every Russian fighter dirty boxes, I wrote an article about it: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/russians-coming-2624365/

The best example was Adlan Amagov's last fight. He used a strong whizzer to turn Waldburger into his punches. Never seen that before.

ko.gif

Barnett, Cormier and Big Nog all beat the shit out of Mir in the clinch.

Johnny Hendricks is probably the most dangerous dirty boxer around right now. He's strong as a bull, sets it up with body shots and drops people with uppercuts from a single collar tie. Pretty much every Russian fighter dirty boxes, I wrote an article about it: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/russians-coming-2624365/

The best example was Adlan Amagov's last fight. He used a strong whizzer to turn Waldburger into his punches. Never seen that before.

ko.gif

I remember that fight, Amagov was standing on one leg and pipping Waldburger with short punches, I remember being amazed that Waldburgers legs started buckling a bit, Amagov clearly has extremely heavy hands.

Bisbing used that w/ some short elbows in one of his early fights. I was impressed at the creativity.

Bisbing used that w/ some short elbows in one of his early fights. I was impressed at the creativity.

Really? You remember what fight? I haven't seen a lot of his earlier ones.

Are there any good systems that focus on clinch sparring? Win chung comes to mind, but most people think thats a load of bull.

Holy shit--- is this actually the reason?

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic. It's called dirty boxing because, in boxing, it would be very dirty indeed. Basically hitting and holding, using the head and elbows, and rabbit punching = dirty boxing. You can do all of those in MMA to some extent, but never in boxing (unless you're clever).

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic. It's called dirty boxing because, in boxing, it would be very dirty indeed. Basically hitting and holding, using the head and elbows, and rabbit punching = dirty boxing. You can do all of those in MMA to some extent, but never in boxing (unless you're clever).

I always thought it was called dirty boxing because, well, it looked crude and unsportsmanlike. I didn't actually think about the legality of it until now.

...Muay Thai?

true. I guess it depends where you learn it. In some places its very much a kick punch system rather than a clinch fighting system. Can you get good at muay thai without kicking much?

true. I guess it depends where you learn it. In some places its very much a kick punch system rather than a clinch fighting system. Can you get good at muay thai without kicking much?

Yeah they call it kick boxing...........Muay Thai without the clinch is not Muay Thai.........

Back