What is Dana talking about.

They used it for the Khan-Garcia fight and thought was really cool, it gives the audience a vantage point to decide whether it was good stoppage or not, Khan's facial expression after the last knock down showed he was completely out of the fight.

I like that a LOT bettet than the Judges Cam that ESPN was doing this yr.

the " baddest man on the planet " sounds even more ridiculous when you realize that the record for successful consecutive heavyweight title defenses is 2... ( held by tim sylvia btw )

So we are all in agreement? Tim Sylvia is the baddest man on the planet.

Agreed on all points...

Regarding the victories, it's not just getting wins but the manner of winning...you have to destroy your opponents, (that is why I mentioend JBJ, Aldo and A Silva)

Mike tyson and young Foreman had that menancing, invincibility aura about them...
they not only wanted to win, they wanted to fu*k you up for even trying...

Post Mike Tyson, I don't think any HW came close to capturing that moniker of "baddest man on the planet."

Holyfield didn't, Bowe Didn't, Lewis not so much (maybe if he had more Rahman like KO victories), neither of the Klits...

and even with the Apex of Pride...I wouldn't have given Fedor that title as well...he won convincingly but he was always so chill...never any emotion outside of the ring.

Maybe had Andrew Golota destroyed Bowe with wins and Lewis would I think that label may be appropriate...

I think Fedor had the "baddest man on the planet" feel to him.
Only one in MMA I can think that deserved that title.

I just did a quick fighter search of tim Sylvia...he fought today....and lost. A Decision loss...not one of his trademark victim to over hand right KO losses.

Nope. Marco "King of The Streets" Ruas= MMA GOAT

There's actually a little bit of worth to that. The first is that it's somewhat clever wordplay in that "Ruas" translates to "Street" in Portuguese. The second is that Ruas basically made his reputation through street fighting and semi-official gym challenge matches as opposed to official contests (such as the infamous Rickson vs Duarte beach fight).

Regardless any and everything LOL worthy about MMA is topped by the Shine LW GP. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun or shaken my head in bewilderment watching any other combat sports event in my life.

What about Fight Diciplinces?

Thugjitsu was hilarious...

not as funny as JoeSonDo. Anyone remember that?

Best nickname in MMA was Pedro "The Pedro " Otavio.

Imagine the awesomeness if PBF had the courage to call himself Floyd "The Floyd" Mayweather.

What about Fight Diciplinces?

Thugjitsu was hilarious...

not as funny as JoeSonDo. Anyone remember that?

I think jokes about Joe Son rather lost their humour when it turned out he was a rapist and subsequently a murderer...

Back