What is Dana doing?

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
First he starts off his video blog to tell everyone to wait for UFC Tonight where Chael will break the news to let everyone know what's going on regarding Wand's status.

[YT]ZQxNc77YHYE[/YT]
0:55

Now when Chael has told everyone, he goes out the next day and completely changes everything. The fight won't be for a title shot, and the fight is at a different weight class.

Not only do Chael and Vitor have to fight but now they have to cut weight in just under a month. Vitor has to cut weight to MW for the first time in a year, and Chael has to cut weight for the first time in two years with less than a months notice.

And Vitor may not even get licensed for the fight.

helax buddy, is okay.

Not only do Chael and Vitor have to fight but now they have to cut weight in just under a month. Vitor has to cut weight to MW for the first time in a year, and Chael has to cut weight for the first time in two years with less than a months notice.

They're both MWs. It's their job to cut down to it. Why are you mad about that?

To be fair, very few people would know what to do in a situation like this.

It's pretty clustered

I don't think that it is fair for both Chael and Vitor to have the fight at MW but I know why the UFC is doing it. I think that the backlash which the UFC had encountered from first announcing this bout made them change things around.

please, retire, Dana.

Next he is gonna announce that they are fighting at 185 for a title shot at 205 and a coaching spot against pettis on season 21 of tuf

First he starts off his video blog to tell everyone to wait for UFC Tonight where Chael will break the news to let everyone know what's going on regarding Wand's status.

[YT]ZQxNc77YHYE[/YT]
0:55

Now when Chael has told everyone, he goes out the next day and completely changes everything. The fight won't be for a title shot, and the fight is at a different weight class.

And Vitor may not even get licensed for the fight.

Dana gone Dana.

Is normal

MWs who haven't cut weight to MW in a considerable length of time.

Vitor was the next title challenger before pulling out of the fight. Chael was already stating his intentions of moving back to MW. I don't understand why you're trying to defend this, the weakest of all your weak points.

MWs fighting at MW, is normal.

MWs who haven't cut weight to MW in a considerable length of time.

to be quite honest, it's going to just take up maybe 5-6 days of their training camp. They will have shed plenty of weight from now until end of June through regular training and watching their diet and will only need to concentrate on weight cutting for the last few days. It's not much different than a "normal" fight schedule. Neither guy has a history of missing weight despite being part-time LHWs.

I'd rather this be billed as a 185 pound fight than a LHW fight for the MW title shot? Plus they technically have 0.9 pound allowance because it's a non-title fight so they need only make 185.9 (or are they given a full pound allowance?)

Vitor was the next title challenger before pulling out of the fight. Chael was already stating his intentions of moving back to MW. I don't understand why you're trying to defend this, the weakest of all your weak points.

It's not the weight that's the issue it's the short notice, did you hear about Zak Cummins and Tim Means weight cutting fiascos? It's not like they lose a couple pounds no big deal, it puts the fight and both fighters health at risk and Vitor is stepping up on short notice. Even if Chael/Wand had originally been scheduled at 185 it would have made sense to switch it to 205 due to Vitor stepping up on short notice but the original fight was at 205 so really it makes no sense whatsoever and really doesn't merit defense on your part

Chael may have had intentions to fight back at MW, but he was preparing for Wand, ever since TUF started filming, to be a LHW fight. With Vitor, he hasn't cut to 185 for a year. It's completely different to being told you're fighting for the belt months in advance. Cutting weight for both of them is difficult enough, let alone having just around 4 weeks.

Dana is corrupt.Fake fans want popularity fights. Real fans want the best fighters fighting.

Back