International What is China's grand plan?

I live near a local Community college outside Seattle and its insane the amount of Chinese student that now go to the community college. They all have brand new Audis or Mercades, and you see them at all hours of the day, huddled together chainsmoking outside some of the student apartments. I've seriously never seen anyone smoke more than these Chinese kids. Houses in the are have skyrocketed in price. The cheapest 800sq foot houses are all $600k+. Not uncommon to see regular family homes price at or near 1 million. They then buy these house, and either the Kids live in them, or they just sit empty. They can't own property in China, so this is one of the safest investments they can make.
But, exactly who is buying these properties you speak of?

- the parents of these college students.

OR

- the Chinese government on behalf of the Chinese citizens going to college in the US?

Continue to expand economic power

Keep current leader in power for as long as possible

Keep China Chinese. Xinjiang as an example

Build an ever increasing military

What do you think is China's strategy, especially over the next 25 years?
Do you view China as an enemy of the West? Plenty of people think China is fine and there is nothing to worry about.

Below is a very good video where Graham Allison, a professor of government at the Harvard Kennedy School, discusses whether China is friend or foe?
He talks about scenarios that could occur when tensions between America and China get to a boiling point.
He mentions Taiwan and whether America will come to it's aid when China decide to take it back. IMO China won't act on Taiwan while Trump is in charge.
What would China do if America/The West attack it to try and take out missile sites? Do they reply in like, or do they head into cyberspace and turn off the electricity grid in parts of the United States?
What about Western satellites? If China destroys some of those the military would be significantly weakened.
Those are some of the things discussed in the video.

China wants to install phone lines and wifi in Canada's north. Plan is clear. Trudeau has no balls because he is a far left homo. North America is fucked.

What are you even getting at?

Asians are treated rather well over here. Consider how Asian nations treat ethnic and racial minorities in their own nations. Look at how China is treating the Tibetans and Uighurs. Look at Malaysia and its laws officially favoring Malays over non-Malays. Japan and S.Korea are nationalistic, they don't afford non-Japanese and non Koreans respectively, anywhere near the same opportunities as enjoyed by the majority. Indonesia, like Malaysia , officially favors Islamic and Malay hegemony. A Korean is better off here than in Japan . A Tibetan or Uighur is order of magnitude better off here than in China. A Hindu , Christian or Sikh is better off here than in Pakistan. A lower caste person is better off here than in India/Pakistan. Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrians, Algerians and other non-Gulf Arabs have more rights, respect and opportunities here than in Saudi or UAE or any of the Gulf Arab countries.

The problem with some people is that they completely ignore the rights, freedoms and civil liberties in the West (relative to most of the world) and how much it has changed and are only concerned with whitewashing non-Western nations and portraying the West as if it was still the pre Civil Rights era.
There's a huge difference when comparing America to the rest of the World, for a Country that prides itself as the land of the free, and equality for everyone it's hogwash. Your descriptions of those Countries is only what you heard of on the surface, it's not accurate, you're getting fed bits and pieces of a story, not the whole. America on the other hand puts itself on a pedestal, and it should be judged as such. If America is so great, why do people here get so uptight when someone points something out that they don't like? and btw I'm not ignoring all that America has to offer, you just refuse or can't see what's beneath the surface of a Country like most people here. Do you ever wonder why Black crime rates are so high in America if it's such a great Country? Open your mind, and you might learn something.

They probably want us to start paying tribute.
Like in the good old day.

China wants to install phone lines and wifi in Canada's north. Plan is clear. Trudeau has no balls because he is a far left homo. North America is fucked.
sounds like your own Country sold you out. They don't seem that different from China in caring about it's citizens.

There's a huge difference when comparing America to the rest of the World, for a Country that prides itself as the land of the free, and equality for everyone it's hogwash. Your descriptions of those Countries is only what you heard of on the surface, it's not accurate, you're getting fed bits and pieces of a story, not the whole. America on the other hand puts itself on a pedestal, and it should be judged as such. If America is so great, why do people here get so uptight when someone points something out that they don't like? and btw I'm not ignoring all that America has to offer, you just refuse or can't see what's beneath the surface of a Country like most people here. Do you ever wonder why Black crime rates are so high in America if it's such a great Country? Open your mind, and you might learn something.
You make it sound like I am against any criticism of America, when I have made no such allusion. What I said was that folks like you want to whitewash other countries and ignore the relative freedoms in the West and how much it has changed.

My description is fairly accurate because I read foreign affairs and news quite a bit. Minorities in these Asian countries are some of the folks making the claims and accusations I brought up. And I have lived in the MidEast and Europe and have visited Asia, so it's not like I am just relying on information from American media.

Racism, colonialism , genocides and imperialism isn't limited to the West , but generally speaking only the West admits to their sordid past and actually has changed to a significant degree. Dominant groups in the countries I mentioned are quick to bitch and moan about imperialism and racism but are rank hypocrites about their own imperialism and racism.

Are you denying or trying to white-wash China's genocidal behavior and imperialism? You realize Asian countries that China is bullying are some of the sources for information on Chinese imperialism. And China's genocide and persecution of Uighurs and Tibetans is well documented by numerous sources. Only Han Nationalists dispute this.

You make it sound like I am against any criticism of America, when I have made no such allusion. What I said was that folks like you want to whitewash other countries and ignore the relative freedoms in the West and how much it has changed.

My description is fairly accurate because I read foreign affairs and news quite a bit. Minorities in these Asian countries are some of the folks making the claims and accusations I brought up. And I have lived in the MidEast and Europe and have visited Asia, so it's not like I am just relying on information from American media.

Racism, colonialism , genocides and imperialism isn't limited to the West , but generally speaking only the West admits to their sordid past and actually has changed to a significant degree. Dominant groups in the countries I mentioned are quick to bitch and moan about imperialism and racism but are rank hypocrites about their own imperialism and racism.

Are you denying or trying to white-wash China's genocidal behavior and imperialism? You realize Asian countries that China is bullying are some of the sources for information on Chinese imperialism. And China's genocide and persecution of Uighurs and Tibetans is well documented by numerous sources. Only Han Nationalists dispute this.
fyi I'm not a Han nationalist, but nice try, and I have no affinity to any of these Countries that you're referring to. China has over 50 different ethnic groups that are not Han Chinese, and are ruled by them, including other muslim groups like the Hui, but you don't hear anything about them because it doesn't fit the Western narrative of China, and I'm not denying anything, I'm just not a bias and selective person like you.

America has changed over the years that's for sure, but has it changed for the better? it may seem like it at first glance, but I beg to differ, and like I said you can't compare America to the rest of the World. If you think America is above everyone, then you should be more accepting of opposing views than Countries that are no where near the West in terms of wealth and power. How can a Country like America with all it's might and glory still have civil unrest, and its citizens still fighting for equality to this day?

fyi I'm not a Han nationalist, but nice try, and I have no affinity to any of these Countries that you're referring to. China has over 50 different ethnic groups that are not Han Chinese, and are ruled by them, including other muslim groups like the Hui, but you don't hear anything about them because it doesn't fit the Western narrative of China, and I'm not denying anything, I'm just not a bias and selective person like you.

America has changed over the years that's for sure, but has it changed for the better? it may seem like it at first glance, but I beg to differ, and like I said you can't compare America to the rest of the World. If you think America is above everyone, then you should be more accepting of opposing views than Countries that are no where near the West in terms of wealth and power. How can a Country like America with all it's might and glory still have civil unrest, and its citizens still fighting for equality to this day?

So you think Tibetans and Uighurs are making shit up, and all the world media are also making shit up?

China treats different minorities differently. The Hui also face some suppression from the Han but not as much as the Uighurs because the Hui are racially similar to the Han. The problem the Han have with the Uighur is racial and then religious. The Han wants everyone to assimilate into to Han culture. They especially target the Tibetans and Uighurs because these regions are furthest away from the center of Han civilization and most resistant to Han supremacy.

You certainly have a bias, from claiming that the West does not care to playing the Han Chinese apologist role here, trying to whitewash the Han's genocidal behavior. You are pulling out the classic Han propaganda, when you trot out the claim the Hui are not having a problem like the Uighurs.

Ofcourse America has changed for the better, just look at how it was in the 50s and before Civil Rights and look at it now. Just because there are issues in America now, does not mean it has not come a long way and is relatively free and fair compared to countries like China, Saudi, Pakistan, India, Japan, Israel, Arab countries and many other places. It is not practical to expect that because America is rich and powerful , there isn't going to be some societal malaise. There will always be some degree of racial strife and societal malaise, because far too many people are tribal.

So you think Tibetans and Uighurs are making shit up, and all the world media are also making shit up?

China treats different minorities differently. The Hui also face some suppression from the Han but not as much as the Uighurs because the Hui are racially similar to the Han. The problem the Han have with the Uighur is racial and then religious. The Han wants everyone to assimilate into to Han culture. They especially target the Tibetans and Uighurs because these regions are furthest away from the center of Han civilization and most resistant to Han supremacy.

You certainly have a bias, from claiming that the West does not care to playing the Han Chinese apologist role here, trying to whitewash the Han's genocidal behavior. You are pulling out the classic Han propaganda, when you trot out the claim the Hui are not having a problem like the Uighurs.

Ofcourse America has changed for the better, just look at how it was in the 50s and before Civil Rights and look at it now. Just because there are issues in America now, does not mean it has not come a long way and is relatively free and fair compared to countries like China, Saudi, Pakistan, India, Japan, Israel, Arab countries and many other places. It is not practical to expect that because America is rich and powerful , there isn't going to be some societal malaise. There will always be some degree of racial strife and societal malaise, because far too many people are tribal.
I didn't say that, why are you putting words in my mouth? how would you know China treats it's minorities differently base on it's race and religion? The Tibetans for example look 100% Mongoloid. Most of the dozens of minorities are not Han Chinese, and there is no rebellion from these groups. I'm just saying there are sides to the story the msm isn't reporting on. I'm not defending China, I"m saying America is really no better. At least China doesn't put up a facade of a society like the West. Why do you keep comparing America with the World if people like you think America should be on a league of it's own? They don't want to be like America, it's America that wants the World to be like them. To follow in their Race Privileged Hierarchy system? you're so clueless of America.

I suggest you read this recent article about Clarence Thomas a Black conservative: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/e...dical-vision-of-race?utm_source=pocket-newtab
I would like to add a note that in the article Clarence Thomas describes the Blacks in his early life as racist towards their own kind, the lighter skin Blacks are associated with Higher Class, while the darker ones are lower, and singled out by the group. (I just hate how people like you walk around like your shit don't stink.) Mr. Thomas also believed that in order to be equal with Whites, they must segregate their selves in the school system from the White Patriarchy.
We're all a slave to the system, and this time the shackles are invisible. If only you could open your mind.

They want to have lots of territory, especially ports and canals, and then just take a cut of anything moving. They see that their current economic model is vulnerable to cooperative foreign pressure and internal strife, but it's pretty easy just being the middleman.

But, exactly who is buying these properties you speak of?

- the parents of these college students.

OR

- the Chinese government on behalf of the Chinese citizens going to college in the US?
Well anyone in China who has any real money, is a high end member of the communist party, AKA the government.

And that is why China is a global and civilization threat, just like Islam. But I would put Islam as far far more of a threat than China.
My impression of the CCP Chinese society is that they don't give a shit about humanitarian ideals, empathy , compassion or treating people fair. To the CCP and Chinese society selfishness and survival of the fittest is the only guiding philosophy.

I hear you on Islam, but to adapt a quote by Shang Kai Shek,

"Islam is a disease of the skin, CCP ultra-nationalism is a disease of the heart." (I probably butchered it, but can not put it in a search engine without worrying about "trouble.")

The more radical, and in some cases financed, sects of Islam are bent on an odd proto-fascist annihilation of the West and said Western values. Some European mis-steps aside, that should be simple enough to remedy with some civilizational revival and agreement on what makes the West special, despite all the serious troubles history and human nature bring.

China? They have the money, they feel they have the time, and influence to operate for dominance of the Pacific region. Something like 1/3rd of the world's trade goes through those waters. (Do not quote me on the specifics! It's a high number though.)

Their wall of silence and oppression spreads slowly, but goes deeper into nation states with more influence.

Certainly we do not want death cults striving after WMDS, whether they be Islamic, Christian, or Hubologists, or Commie-Nazi's.

All such excitable and potentially murderous people we will probably always have with us, while the unified threat of the CCP has the agenda, vision, and much more capital and weaponry, to culturally and strategically put the West's lights out if we are not careful.

Well anyone in China who has any real money, is a high end member of the communist party, AKA the government.

Or must do business with them, or bribe them, or placate their demands and favor their connections.

Then guess what? Their are laws against all these things, but when the power is the law, and there is only one power... the laws are then suddenly enforced when the powerful decide they want to use their power to punish whoever is part of the out-group.

Thanks, single party rule.

"Australia is naive to think the United States will save it in the event of war, a leading pro-Beijing academic has warned, after Prime Minister Scott Morrison appeared to shift Australia's position on trade to be more in line with US policy."

"Maybe the US will betray you, and not necessarily protect you," he said.

This academic is on video threatening Australia with war! Can't find the video however it should be available within the next day or two. It's not unbelievable of course, we know what China is like.
He says that Australia will be on the frontier if America vs China/Russia happens militarily.
Obviously China would of been discussed a lot when our PM visited Trump a few days back. China wants the South Pacific and there is really only Australia who could put up a bit of a fight.[sorry nz!]
China is being very 'friendly' with many of the island-nations in the area and trying to get these islands on their side instead of Australia.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/finance/m...-after-morrisons-comments-on-trade/ar-AAHOVSN

This article talks about how China is placing 'spies' around the world.

"Thousands of agents of the Chinese state have integrated themselves into Australian public life — from the high spheres of politics, academia and business all the way down to suburban churches and local writers' groups" — according to a controversial book to be published on Monday.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/book-reveals-extent-of-chinese-influence-in-australia/9464692

I wasn't really talking about China. China is now at the stage that scaling back their emissions is increasingly in their best interest in terms of dictating their place in the world and adjusting to the demands of Western purchasers.

But for, say, countries in Central African countries that have provided resources without really industrializing or modernizing? Very different story.

China isn’t scaling back emissions and if you believe that, I’ve got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

China isn’t scaling back emissions and if you believe that, I’ve got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

On a per capita basis (where they are behind the US anyways), yes they are and have been for some time.

On a per capita basis (where they are behind the US anyways), yes they are and have been for some time.
Careful, the Chinese kool aid you’re drinking is fake and contains melamine.

Economically decoupling from the racist Han Chinese empire is important. It may be painful but it needs to be done before they reach near military parity with the west and start bullying the world around.

Back