International What is China's grand plan?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Aug 31, 2019.

1. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

What do you think is China's strategy, especially over the next 25 years?
    Do you view China as an enemy of the West? Plenty of people think China is fine and there is nothing to worry about.

Below is a very good video where Graham Allison, a professor of government at the Harvard Kennedy School, discusses whether China is friend or foe?
    He talks about scenarios that could occur when tensions between America and China get to a boiling point.
    He mentions Taiwan and whether America will come to it's aid when China decide to take it back. IMO China won't act on Taiwan while Trump is in charge.
    What would China do if America/The West attack it to try and take out missile sites? Do they reply in like, or do they head into cyberspace and turn off the electricity grid in parts of the United States?
    What about Western satellites? If China destroys some of those the military would be significantly weakened.
    Those are some of the things discussed in the video.

2. monster zero

monster zero I want my chips with the DIP

Chinas plan is simple, try to take over the world..

3. nicapica

nicapica Green Belt

Subversion

4. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

5. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

Here's a quick summary (ignore the misleading and click-baity title). In short, the goal of China is two-fold: (1) to obtain a standard of living for their people that is comparable, but not necessarily equal, to Western countries like the US (this goal was implicitly acknowledged when they adopted their EOI economic model and partnered with US capital), and (2) to build a society and economy that is equal to or greater than their regional neighbors. That's the goal of China as a country. Additionally, you have a third goal - that of the Chinese regime specifically - which is the same as any other political party: to perpetuate itself and retain power.

Here's a longer, more comprehensive explanation, where they Wolff talks about how other developing countries are going to push back against the global trend toward carbon-neutral trade agreements because they did not benefit economically from fossil fuel-industrialization like Western nations did.

luckyshot and Lead like this.
  6. surrealworlds

surrealworlds <-----Jaime Koeppe----you're welcome

China is very dangerous. During the last 10-20 years they have been economically fueled by the western worlds desire for cheap labor. Since they are a communist state they have complete control over their population and have been using this time to benefit the country while cracking down on dissidents.
    They have used this time to steal IP in the tech world and to push things such as the road and belt initiative that has given them footholds in 152 countries.

I could be wrong on this part but I believe this trade war was started because the powerful people in the U.S. realized that China was getting to the point where they couldnt be controlled anymore. It may already be too late.

At this point it comes down to a few things;
    A)Can China thrive without the U.S.?
    B)Will the U.S. cave after the next election?

If either of those is yes than I think China will see the U.S. as no longer a threat and will take back Taiwan and become increasingly hostile in their actions.

I dont like the trade wars and I'm pretty sure they are not being implemented in the best possible way but I do think this is the time to stop Chinas ascent to global domination if it's not too late already.

7. brackis1

brackis1 Gold Belt Platinum Member

I believe (insert country run by evil rich asshole dudes) is aiming to expand their economic and military control over the world for at least the next (arbitrary number) of years while exploiting the large majority of their population to benefit a ruling class.

86'd, Hungry Joe and surrealworlds like this.
  8. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

9. TheLastSpartan

TheLastSpartan Green Belt

Absolute hegemony.

Tropodan likes this.
  10. aus101

aus101 Black Belt

Part of the plan involves flooding willing countries with migrants, loyal to the Chinese cause.

Here in Aus we’re doing just that.

Sydney’s 2010 metro pop was 4.58 mil. Now it’s a reported 5.75, hitting 5 million during the 2016 census and likely to hit over 6.25 by 2021.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_statistical_areas

Nowhere in the entire of the United States is the population growing so fast (even in the New York and LA metros which are 4 times the size of Sydney). Only the Dallas-fort worth- Arlington conurbation is close, and they are a collection of metros not a solitary city and it’s suburban surrounds...

What’s fuelling that growth? Chinese immigration.

SammyPops, Happy Man, Gas121 and 2 others like this.
  11. whaleshark

whaleshark Cancer was never my friend

Big China is the original ZUFFA

[​IMG]

12. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Funny how nobody has mentioned their continued annexation of Africa.

13. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

Pretty safe to assume that China's plan is to gain as much power and influence for China as humanly possible.

14. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

They can skip a ton of steps in progressing through various stages of advancement due to the amount of science and technology that has been developed over the last couple hundred years and access to global economies and trade.

But it doesn't matter, the reason they'd opt out of carbon plans is because they don't deem it in their best interests. Pretty simple really. Growing economies and trying to increase power and influence tends to trump.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    ElKarlo and Goonerview like this.
  15. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

16. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

I wasn't really talking about China. China is now at the stage that scaling back their emissions is increasingly in their best interest in terms of dictating their place in the world and adjusting to the demands of Western purchasers.

But for, say, countries in Central African countries that have provided resources without really industrializing or modernizing? Very different story.

17. TheLastSpartan

TheLastSpartan Green Belt

They're already in our backyard. China has significant presence in the Caribbean and Latin America.

Fluffernutter and Whippy McGee like this.
  18. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

The same thing we do every night, Pinky ...

19. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

I’m pretty sure London has had this technology for years already.

20. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Gold Belt

Rare earth whaterals?

Sketch likes this.