What is Brian Ortega's real reach

Seso

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I refuse to believe that he has only a 69 inch reach and a KZ has 72 inch reach (according to wiki)
He japped him so easy like he was the guy with the longer reach.
I don't see a big difference.
opponents-brian-ortega-and-the-korean-zombie-chan-sung-jung-of-south-picture-id1280348502

He adopted more of a long stance which helps with the distance of jabs...

The downside of it is the vulnerability to takedowns (mainly single legs) and leg kicks.

He probably has a longer reach than what is being reported. I think Holloway has a longer reach than what's on paper, too

Both of their heights are shorter than listed for sure though, funny because normally people lie about their heights. Both are 5'9, no way KZ is 5'7

I refuse to believe that he has only a 69 inch reach and a KZ has 72 inch reach (according to wiki) He japped him so easy like he was the guy with the longer reach.

Brian was dislocating his shoulder during jabs which adds inches to the reach. Pretty tricky. But perfectly legal.

(I also find your "japped" comment offensive and highly insulting to Ortega's Japanese opponent. Please remove.)

The UFC's body stretcher & shortener has been well known for a long time. nobody knows for sure how the technology works but it's obviously a reality from the many fighters who have cut height, or added onto it throughout the years.

Eye didn't noh they expanded the technology to reach. This is fascinating.

Arm length is a lot more important than reach. When you’re tired you don’t use your shoulders in your reach. The longer the fight goes the better it is for the guy with longer arms

The Goof manipulates the rankings and fighter measurements at the matchmaking meetings.

Stats were not true.
Remember Shane Carwin listed as 6'5"? He's a bit shorter than Brock at 6'3" lol.
9009484bbc707920acf44f96187baced.jpg

Brian's junk was crammed in that cup so tightly that the flaccus founds its way up and made his arms longer for the fight.

Zombie stands kind of square, Ortega had a very bladed stance. This gives him a longer range.

Reach also factors in your shoulders/back IIRC. So some guys have longer arms but the same reach as a guy with a wide ass back but shorter arms.

Def not 69 inch, his elbows are near his waistline, id say hes at least 73 inches

Back