What is being done about Mazzagatti?

Hes fairly bad, but every other major ref has made tons of mistakes that he's made. He just gets the most flak for it.

This. Dean for instance messes up on a regular basis and on the next card he's reffing the main event again.

Mazz is not the worst ref in recent memory. Kim Winslow is worse and Herb has been inconsistent in recent years.

I don't see how Mazz is any worse than anyone else. But I'm a bit bias since I've hung out with him and listened to his ridiculously entertaining stories about the old days. Also, His dogs are awesome. Anyone with a one-eyed chihuahua/boston terrior mix is cool in my book.

This. Dean for instance messes up on a regular basis and on the next card he's reffing the main event again.

Even Big John has messed some shit up, its impossible to have an infallible ref. There is no infallible fighter and the ref has to act as fast if not faster than a fighter in order to stop a fight. The eye poke thing of the Shields fight was what he should be getting flak for.

MazzagattiGarza4.gif

Steve gets a bad rap cuz Boldy was mad about Brock..

He's Cecil Peoples level bad I dunno how he still gets work #banmazzagatti lol

Never been the same since he lost his moustache IMHO.

Yves Levine & Kim Winslow scare me, but Steve is just terrible.

thread needs to be bumped again after mazzagattis shit refereeing at fight night 83

Herb Dean has made far worst mistakes IMO, but everyone is so vocal about Mazzagatti just because Dana White said so...

Mazz has a long history of reffing combat sports... however it doesnt translate well

he used to ref Kickboxing, MMA is completely different. Commisions dont bother with having their ref's trained it appears, they just plucked him out and threw him in the cage

Back