What in the hell is going on here...

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is up with these brainless rematches? I mean why in the fuck is cain getting a rematch after he just got destroyed? I can maybe, just maybe comprehend if it was a close decision, but he got obliterated....

Im hearing nonsense like fedor should get instant title shot just for signing with the UFc, like what has he done to earn that shit? Besides get destroyed himself multiple times...

Same with Gus.... He got destroyed and now he gets a title shot? Like wut....

Did i miss something? Are we not looking at the rankings anymore? Are people actually accepting this same crappy match ups over and over again....

You must of been out for a few years, they ignored rankings all the time.

Rankings were never of any relevancy. As long as there is a product to sell, the bigger star gets the shot rather than the higher ranked fighter.

It's pretty shitty but entirely within expectations.

Yeah.
Cain getting a rematch was fucked up.

I think Joe Silva let his intern do his job.

cain getting a rematch is uncalled for. His fault for not fighting for so long.

I would like fedor to get an instant title shot tbh.

I don't agree.
Even being Fedor, he still needs to take some pace of the fighting before getting into a title shot. It's much more dynamic than it used to be. He has a lot of miles in his body.

I think a rematch between Werdum-Velasquez is to soon also. If the fight was close, that would maybe warrant a rematch, but not the way the first fight went. I do think the rematch will be a much more competitive fight though. That wasn't the same Cain we have seen previously in the UFC. The long layoff and not preparing for the altitude difference really hurt him. I think a rematch will be an exciting fight for sure!

Imagine if Cain wins, and then gets hurt again, and puts the third fight off until early 2017.

What is up with these brainless rematches? I mean why in the fuck is cain getting a rematch after he just got destroyed? I can maybe, just maybe comprehend if it was a close decision, but he got obliterated....

Im hearing nonsense like fedor should get instant title shot just for signing with the UFc, like what has he done to earn that shit? Besides get destroyed himself multiple times...

Same with Gus.... He got destroyed and now he gets a title shot? Like wut....

Did i miss something? Are we not looking at the rankings anymore? Are people actually accepting this same crappy match ups over and over again....

Why is this even a thread?

Everyone knows that the best indicator of a challenger's threat to a champion is how many twitter followers he has, and/or how often he is mentioned in tweets.

Yay another thread about rematches when 20 already been made today.

Thankfully ts made an insightful post that brought up new points, oh wait

Why is this even a thread?

Everyone knows that the best indicator of a challenger's threat to a champion is how many twitter followers he has, and/or how often he is mentioned in tweets.

srsly you cant forget the hashtag rule tho

UFC only brings up rankings when their desperate to make a fight seem legit. Even then, they often manipulate their own rankings. Remember Denis Siver magically becoming a top 10 fighter sometime after the fight with McMouth was announced?

Imagine if Cain wins, and then gets hurt again, and puts the third fight off until early 2017.

This won't happen because Cain will injure himself before the rematch. He's like a fucking china doll.

Then the great Fedor will replace him, win the title and all will be well again in MMA.

Fedor doesn't deserve immediate but one win against a legit contender than definitely..

Cain getting immediate rematch is a travesty.. Super bad matchmaking

Back