What impressed me most about Wineland

I always mixed up Wineland with Pickett during PPV's now that they fought Wineland is not Pickett. :icon_chee He is on a good streak right now good striking. Pickett sure can take a punch.

LOL @ people regurgitating the nonsense Rogan was spewing.

Yes, Wineland keeps his hands down but his footwork and head movement are top notch. He put on a boxing clinic and most mma fans dont know how to appreciate what they saw.

Rogan was mumbling garbage during that fight. He was sour that Eddie was kicking Brads ass so badly. More Kicks? Really, Bro?

LOL @ people regurgitating the nonsense Rogan was spewing.

Yes, Wineland keeps his hands down but his footwork and head movement are top notch. He put on a boxing clinic and most mma fans dont know how to appreciate what they saw.

Rogan was mumbling garbage during that fight. He was sour that Eddie was kicking Brads ass so badly. More Kicks? Really, Bro?

I agree with you for the most part, however, someone with a better reach might have caused him more problems. But his style and gameplan was perfect for Pickett.

Wineland is one of my favorite fighters. I used to think Mayday would destroy him but now I'm convinced that would be a hell of a fight. Hopefully he can defeat Barao so we can see it.

I am thoroughly impressed with wineland. He is a top five fighter in the division and has definetly come into his own. His striking is awesome and I believe he has the best and most versitile right hand in all of MMA. He leads with straight rights and counters with it he also sets up uppercuts with his right. He is pretty slick counter puncher and you can bet that if you throw a punch he is going to counter with a right hand EVERYTIME

Wineland has been one of my favorites since he body punched Will Compuzano into oblivion a couple years ago

I do agree that his willingness to hold his chin up high, and his hands low might get him in trouble one day but his speed, offense and sense of distance more than make up for it now.

It's easy to forget he's relatively young since he's been around forever, only 28. Pickett is 34 - Gun to my head before Sunday I would have thought the opposite was true.

not that impressed. he's fast but he couldn't put his chin out there more if he tried. He's lucky Pickett lacks power

Lolololol Pickett lacks power.

Wineland looked great this fight. I picked him to win, and think he's the darkhorse of the division

not that impressed. he's fast but he couldn't put his chin out there more if he tried. He's lucky Pickett lacks power

Say whaaa? You need to know more about a fighter before you make statements like that, did you see picketts previous fight?

On topic though, yes wineland is a beast, hope he goes on a tear

Last edited:
I see his style working against fighters who have less reach since Wineland likes to back up with an extended left arm and than he comes over the top with that right cross.
Everytime he throws that cross, he gets full extension on it adn that's where his power comes from and he catches guy walking in.

Yeah wineland keeps his hands down a lot, but so do many top technical boxers like Malignaggi.

It's just the style. There's no set wrong or right way to do a lot of things. Wineland is 20-8 and is the former WEC champ.

Dude has never been KOd and runs boxing clinics on his opponents and then you have sherdoggers trying to tell him he's doing it wrong.

Back