What if...

Zlatan1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...a fighter appears with a controversial political slogan like free palestine, close guantanamo, legalize it etc in the octagon or on a ufc press conference (wearing a t-shirt with the slogan printed on, or stating his views in post-fight interviews, etc)? how would dana react and has a fighter the right to do that?

All sponsors are screened by the UFC. Ask big foots taped crotch against Brown.

well sponsoring gets screened and whatever the fighter says in the post fight int obviously has repercussions.

Volkman lost his wrestling coach job over talking shit about obama after one of his fights.

All sponsors are screened by the UFC. Ask big foots taped crotch against Brown.

it's not about the sponsors. what if a guy wins, Joe asks him about his win and he grabs the mic and yells FREE PALESTINE?

That would NEVER work. Although big business is responsible for huge human rights infractions and ehtical violations they are also the biggest hypocrites. They want sanitized and commercially friendly enviroments. This allows very little room for upstarts and dissidents. The potential loss for sponsors and business would have them quickly coming up with 'reasons' to cut the fighters.

it's not about the sponsors. what if a guy wins, Joe asks him about his win and he grabs the mic and yells FREE PALESTINE?

That would be different. But expect many people to get butthurt like when Bendo speaks.

i can see them covering up a sponsor/slogan/political statement on the shorts.

but what if the guy has a questionable tattoo?

i can see them covering up a sponsor/slogan/political statement on the shorts.

but what if the guy has a questionable tattoo?

badaid. one of the shows i fought at a guy had a swastika on the chest. slapped a bandaid over it.

That would be different. But expect many people to get butthurt like when Bendo speaks.

Yeah, I agree. But I have a feeling they would find a way to cut a free palestine/legalize it yelling fighter. FOX would not like to have something like that on their broadcast.

Why would any fighter risk their job with the UFC? Seems like a silly question.

badaid. one of the shows i fought at a guy had a swastika on the chest. slapped a bandaid over it.

yeah i guess. although i can see it falling off after a few sweaty minutes (that just sounded so wrong), with a fox employee running into the octagon between rounds to apply a fresh one...

If they were we'd be living in a much better world.

For some of us they are.

Why would any fighter risk their job with the UFC? Seems like a silly question.

why would it be risky to wear a free palestine, legalize it etc t-shirt in the land of the free, the land of freedom of speech? why would a fighter yelling free palestine in joe's mic most likely get cut?

yeah probably too controversial, the fighters have to play the game with the UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back