What if you stop liking jiu jitsu?

What if I stopped liking grappling, hot chicks, drugs and extreme sports. Life would suck I guess.

You mean what if you stop liking tits? That definitely sounds more serious than to stop liking jits.

Last edited:
Tai chi is sooo much more fun than yoga

It is a pretty profound experience for me every time. I admit I used to think I was learning to defend myself well, and finding out that was mostly b******* did cause me to stop practicing it for a while.

But when all is said and done it is a profound experience and it keeps me relatively fit and very flexible.

Can i have your remnant jiu jitsu metaphysical energy
I am just starting and could use the extra push

Low impact? Do you purposely roll light in a gi?

Now that I'm settling into my old man game it feels like the impact is lower. From bottom I just sweep or stand up unless someone gifts me a kimura, armbar, or leglock entry.

From top just play pressure, force half guard. From top half guard just drown them until you're in mount.

OP! For what it's worth at higher levels you're going to need to take control of your training. Find something you want to work on, watch some free tape about it on youtube, and then put it to work on the mat.

If you hate the class structure just roll up late in time for positional sparring / rolls / open mat.

Now that I'm settling into my old man game it feels like the impact is lower. From bottom I just sweep or stand up unless someone gifts me a kimura, armbar, or leglock entry.

From top just play pressure, force half guard. From top half guard just drown them until you're in mount.
My brother from another mother.

Jits? I guess you should try "Rate" or "Ondo" in that case.

OP! For what it's worth at higher levels you're going to need to take control of your training. Find something you want to work on, watch some free tape about it on youtube, and then put it to work on the mat.

If you hate the class structure just roll up late in time for positional sparring / rolls / open mat.
You're right. The classes are always what the white belts want to learn. I gotta find what I wanna use and implement it on the mat

Um
Unless you train by yourself in your basement, you've heard jiu jitsu called "jits." The same can't be said for karate or tae Kwon do
I'm a judoka and people i met who have trained it never used the term "jits". Might be an american thing.

I'd be excited if I could find a no gi class that let me drill what I want for 10 minutes or something. Or an open mat with a coach that demanded 15 minutes of drilling before rolling or something. But just rolling and doing a bunch of random moves is uninspiring. I'm not going to use four new butterfly guard sweeps if we never practice them again and there is no drilling time on the schedule.
Just do your own drilling in rolling. Pick a game stick with it that day or week etc. You will lose more but get what you want out of training.

Back