what if we treated guns like cars

It takes more then fragments to get a match to a gun.
If you have a few digits and other information on the gun like the round it used that can help narrow things down. There aren't many silver bullet forensics techniques, all these things add to the puzzle
You can lift a serial number if an amateur removed it. And by amateur I mean someone that did not do any easy to do research.
Most people who commit murder are amateurs. The Agent 47s of the world account for a minuscule percentage of murder.

If you have a few digits and other information on the gun like the round it used that can help narrow things down. There aren't many silver bullet forensics techniques, all these things add to the puzzle

Most people who commit murder are amateurs. The Agent 47s of the world account for a minuscule percentage of murder.

I would like to see the number of guns that have been filed and they are able to raise.

Not asking for a link but it would be interesting.

Still not a reason to support a registry.

I would like to see the number of guns that have been filed and they are able to raise.

Not asking for a link but it would be interesting.
It was something I saw on one of those depressing forensics shows a long time ago. Some guy killed his wife or something and tried to file the serial number off and they were able to retrieve a portion of it. He disposed of the weapon along with the gloves he used in a river and they were even able to retrieve his fingerprints from inside the glove despite the fact that ti was in the water for sometime. Crazy stuff
Still not a reason to support a registry.
I don't support a gun registry

for the last time I am on your side
Considering you insult those who disagree with you, and you seem to have no problem with violating everyones right to privacy and right to property in order to ease your own anxieties, we are NOT fellow travelers in the goal of expanding human liberty

see I am a liberal I am also for gun rights so I know how liberals think
As a liberal, perhaps you could speak as to why liberally minded Americans tends to hate, and fear private firearm ownership.

what did Obama propose
No more private sales,

Bans on importing popular firearms,

Bans on importing popular ammunition, (5.45x39)

Bans on cosmetic features on common firearms

This is just off the top of my head. Would you like me to keep going?

have background checks for every single gun transaction
No, that's a violation of my privacy. It's also a violation of my property rights. If you're not allowed to sell an article of your own property without permission from another, it's not truly your property.

I say - let's give them what they want
No, I'm not going to submit myself to arbitrary regulations just for some social experiment.

let's register every gun let's have universal background check for every firearm sale
No, it's no ones business if I own guns, how many, what kind, or where they are.

I won't be participating in any firearms registries.

Don't you see that would take away their best weapon

If we do that, they no longer will be able to say - hey we just want some 'common sense' laws

none of those things will prevent mass shootings in any way shape or form
So your idea of "compromise" is giving the anti-gun, anti-liberty crowd half of everything they want in the hopes that they will stop there?

Note that you don't concede ANYTHING to the pro-gun, pro-liberty crowd.

I have to ask, dose your job require you to do high level negotiations? Because this is a one sided negotiation. In order for a negotiation to be successful, both sides need to feel as though they gained. With what you propose, one side is expected to surrender everything, and the other side gains tremendously. It appears negotiation is not something your very familiar with.

it will force them to say that yes, they want to ban guns
We already know that. That's why we don't give an inch. Because when us gun owners give and inch, the anti-gun, anti-liberty crowd takes a mile.

and then we can have a real discussion
This is something you need to understand, otherwise these gun rights debates will continue to confuse you:

My rights are NOT up to debate or discussion.

Got my glock in Nashville and my training they have open carry there too unlike here which sucks.

Your gun is not "registered"

They maybe able to find the sales documents for a number of years if the business stays afloat, that's it.

Your gun is not "registered"

They maybe able to find the sales documents for a number of years if the business stays afloat, that's it.
Ok Ill take your word for it I went upstairs to find my paperwork and sifted through 4 folders but couldnt find anything. I got my gun back in 09 and have bought a house since then so who knows where the paperwork is. Since its not registered can I go out and kill a few people without having to worry about ballistics? Ya know for the hell of it.

Ok Ill take your word for it I went upstairs to find my paperwork and sifted through 4 folders but couldnt find anything. I got my gun back in 09 and have bought a house since then so who knows where the paperwork is. Since its not registered can I go out and kill a few people without having to worry about ballistics? Ya know for the hell of it.

There's no registration in almost every state. I think there's only 4 states, California, New York and 2 others. People think when they fill out a 4473, it registers the firearm. People are just not educated on guns.

If you bought it from an ffl dealer then the atf could trace it to you unless you have sold it.

2nd amendment.

Nothing in the constitution about cars.

1. This is what the Constitution actually says:

Second-Amendment--620x358.jpg

What does well regulated mean?

2. The reason cars aren't in the Constitution is because polity changes. Laws should change to reflect the changing reality of modern-day life.

There's no registration in almost every state. I think there's only 4 states, California, New York and 2 others. People think when they fill out a 4473, it registers the firearm. People are just not educated on guns.
I got 100 percent on my firing test does that make me cool as you. I probably been shooting guns longer than you been alive. Yall might be right about the registrations though I coulda sworn I had to register it I got some kind of paperwork on brown paper and thats what I went and looked for.
I dont carry down here my Tn. license ran out and I didnt get a Florida one.

Ballistics has almost nothing to do with a registration

Ballistics as you are referring, is matching markings on shells or bullets that the gun put into the metal.

Ye I know I firgured they would have some way of matching them by the history of the gun you bought hence registration

1. This is what the Constitution actually says:

Second-Amendment--620x358.jpg

What does well regulated mean?

2. The reason cars aren't in the Constitution is because polity changes. Laws should change to reflect the changing reality of modern-day life.

Well regulated means well trained, and militia is all citizens not a uniform military.

The state should be giving free training or all able body personal.

Cars are not in the constitution for the same reason horse and buggies are not they never saw owing a horse or buggy as a right.

The constitution is not laws it limits the government (it does not give you rights).
It can be and has been changed if you have the support and that's not going to happen the the 2nd.

Back