What if we only scored the last round of fights?

They did that at the beginning. One round no time outs, no stand ups, no limit. If we want a legit sport it doesn't work that way. Its Freakshow or real sport. Can't have it both ways.
You kinda can have it both ways. For example, change the scoring rules to make 10-10, 10-8, and 10-7 rounds significantly more common. The fights are still scored by round, but weighted towards a fighter who did significantly better over the course of the fight. Think of Velasquez vs. Dos Santos II being a 50-38 fight rather than a 50-44, or Zhang vs. Jedrzejczyk being a clear decision rather than a a reasonable split decision. People advocate for this all the time, and we've even seen the scoring rules changed effectively to make 10-8 rounds noticeably more common.

Then GSP beat Hendricks clearly and Gus beat Jones clearly :D
You get the message i'm trying to convey

Well it sounds like it wasn’t a good idea. I just figured that people with cardio would want to wear down one round fighters and finishers wouldn’t want to wait till the 3rd round before fighting because that gets rid of their advantage. But I can see how over time fighters would get more calculated and more would save themselves for round 3 as it is what mattered so it would end up making a lot of fighters a lot slower.

Back