What if we only scored the last round of fights?

doozer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What do people think about that idea? These are fights where we want to know who would win a fight between 2 fighters so it’s not so much about who has done the most thus far, it’s about if the fight kept going who would win. And if we stop at 3 or 5 round the best way is to look how they were looking at the end of the fight.

Like Frankie vs Gray, if that fight had kept going Frankies 5 round is a far better example of who would win then Grays first round. If you can finish them great, but if you can’t the last round tells the tale of where the fight is going.

Terrible idea. The fight is scheduled for 3 or 5 rounds. That is the fight. There is no 'if the fight kept going on'. You have a set time, and you need to do the work in that time-limit. If you don't, then you have lost the fight.

I think it’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard of on so many levels. Does that cover it?

Let’s only score a part of a football, basketball, or baseball game. If you win the last few minutes you were obviously better??

Reactions: HHJ
We should only have 1 10 minute round followed by 1 5 minute round, that's the most logical way.

Then the fighters would do fuckall for the first 2 rounds which would be a waste of time. Dumbest idea I've heard all week.

What do people think about that idea? These are fights where we want to know who would win a fight between 2 fighters so it’s not so much about who has done the most thus far, it’s about if the fight kept going who would win. And if we stop at 3 or 5 round the best way is to look how they were looking at the end of the fight.

Like Frankie vs Gray, if that fight had kept going Frankies 5 round is a far better example of who would win then Grays first round. If you can finish them great, but if you can’t the last round tells the tale of where the fight is going.
They did that at the beginning. One round no time outs, no stand ups, no limit. If we want a legit sport it doesn't work that way. Its Freakshow or real sport. Can't have it both ways.

Nobody would do anything for the first 2 or 4 rounds

Then just start the fight in the last round. Spray some water on them, so they're sweatier looking.

Or crazy idea... Judge the fight as a fucking whole?!? #PrideNeverDie

It would be basically an amatuer boxing match. A lot of feeling out and then in the last round fighters giving it their all.

Not sure how much it would change since it's been proven people remeber how a fight starts and how it ends anyways. This is why fighters try and score the last 10 second takedown.

It’s a bad idea and you should feel bad for having it.

Reactions: HHJ
They would pace themselves in the first 2 rounds and save it all for the third.

The last thing fighting needs is more stupid rules.

I remember watching Pancrase and seeing the rope escapes,and no closed fists...and thinking to myself,man,they are treating these people's bodies like its some stupid video game.

I get the same feeling for this type of rule.

Back