What if this was Conor in this exchange with Khabib?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
ClearcutEnragedAmurstarfish.gif

Would he have KO'd him stiff as he rushed him?

Khabib's striking sucks.

I don't think Khabib is going to stand with Conor at all.

Khabib is going to be jumping at Conors ankles

Ducks his head down and wings hooks...

Easy game for a legit boxer. Esp with someone who's good with uppercuts (Mcgoat).

Answer is yes. Diaz has a chin that's why he could take it. Khabib's chin not bad, but he won't last.

And this is why I, a Conor hater, am picking Conor via KO.

.....Still, nowhere near the GOAT though. So, nuthuggers you can calm down.

Answer is yes. Diaz has a chin that's why he could take it. Khabib's chin not bad, but he won't last.

What evidence do you have that Diaz has a better chin than Khabib?

Khabib's chin has never really been tested, but the very few times he's been hit clean he's been fine

Conor is great. His power showed in the 145 division. Eddie is very chinny. Nate Diaz was able to handle his punches. Khabib is a huge 155er. Conor usually has great confidence in his fights. Will he be able to be confident with the grappling threat that khabib presents?

What evidence do you have that Diaz has a better chin than Khabib?

Khabib's chin has never really been tested, but the very few times he's been hit clean he's been fine

I think he has a better chin than most are anticipating or giving him credit for, Him eating Barboza's "Panick" Heel Kick was a nice showing, but Barboza has shit composure in the Octagon especially off the back foot.

If Conor's putting him down, it's in sequence like Alvarez. If he catches him coming in, It's more or less one solid hit like Aldo.

The Micheal Johnson nonsense I won't even use, that shit caught Khabib's arm, and than from there Michael Johnson's shot selection was terrible and desperate.

I think he has a better chin than most are anticipating or giving him credit for, Him eating Barboza's "Panick" Heel Kick was a nice showing, but Barboza has shit composure in the Octagon especially off the back foot.

If Conor's putting him down, it's in sequence like Alvarez. If he catches him coming in, It's more or less one solid hit like Aldo.

The Micheal Johnson nonsense I won't even use, that shit caught Khabib's arm, and than from there Michael Johnson's shot selection was terrible and desperate.

Fair points.

If Conor beats him IMO it needs to be a clean KO, the only reason he didn't finish Diaz in my mind is because he was worried about his ground game so didn't follow up with strikes after he knocked Diaz down

Do you think if he knocks Khabib down he'd jump on him and go for the finish and risk ending up tied up in the ground? Or you think he'd just let him stand up like in Diaz 2?

How was the fight going before Conor gassed out? I didn't know Nate Diaz was able to do that fresh out the gate, come Hitto, I know you're better than this.

I think Conor-Nate at 155 would be a domination. Conor will have a better gas tank and probably piece Diaz up for 5 rounds, maybe lose the last round due to fatigue.

Nate's best attribute is his chin, then stamina. Khabib has yet to take a shot from a striker like Conor so we will see.

The problem is khabib is big and guys like Nate took Conor’s best shots. So will khabib eat them and laugh? If so, Conor’s fucked. I hope not tho.

Fair points.

If Conor beats him IMO it needs to be a clean KO, the only reason he didn't finish Diaz in my mind is because he was worried about his ground game so didn't follow up with strikes after he knocked Diaz down

Do you think if he knocks Khabib down he'd jump on him and go for the finish and risk ending up tied up in the ground? Or you think he'd just let him stand up like in Diaz 2?

I agree, Conor wanted nothing to do with the ground game in my mind as well and that's why he didn't follow Nate on the ground.

As far as Khabib is concerned, I think it's more or less the manner Khabib gets dropped and if Conor's confident that Khabib doesn't have his wits about him to defend from a ground and pound follow up. If he just drops him like he did Nate I don't think he'll follow him on the ground as Nate was still in it. Khabib is no Tony Ferguson, but that's still a situation that could turn south very fast.

I think if he hit's Khabib with a clean shot that clearly puts him out or in a relatively favorable position to go the ground he will. If it's like Aldo or Eddie, he will follow on the ground, if it's like Nate, I don't see him engaging much. I see him standing back up and being ready to sprawl or Uppercut.

Khabib would have been turned to dust with that left hand shot.

I think Conor-Nate at 155 would be a domination. Conor will have a better gas tank and probably piece Diaz up for 5 rounds, maybe lose the last round due to fatigue.

Nate's best attribute is his chin, then stamina. Khabib has yet to take a shot from a striker like Conor so we will see.

Yes we will, looking forward to seeing how he handles a clean shot to the chin by someone with the precision Conor has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back