What if this is the UFC 229 McGregor vs Khabib PPV?

I want to see Rory Mac back on a McGregor card. When Conor fought Mendes Rory fought Lawler the 2nd time and it was an unbelievable fight. Just set up a 3rd one. Fuck it. Who cares if Robbie is up 2 - 0. Their 2nd fight was legendary.

I can't say I've heard of Reyes or Quinao.

They might be decent scraps, but it doesn't catch my interest.

It doesn't matter what sherdog thinks.

The ONLY fight that sells this card to casuals is the ME. It looks like teh UFC has gotten to the conclusion that boxing promoters have known for a century. Congrats inbreds, the undercard is meaningless.

That is, when you actually have a draw headlining.

Gets Reyes and O'Malley (overrated) exposure so it makes sense for that lineup. Main keeps it worthwhile. If main event falls apart you have a free card on your hands though.

This is what happens when there's a fight card almost every week.

Anyway, bonus for me, I can sleep an wake up for the main event an not be gutted bout missing anything.
✌️

It'll be the one big fight, then the rest of it will look like a FN card. So the co-main will be a Fight Night main event (if even that good), and go down from there.

Pretty sad. They need to cut out 3-4 of these FN events per year and put the good fights from them onto PPV cards.
They make more on TV deals than PPV these days.

Good card, but i am surprised because Conor cards are normally crazy stacked

Bit of a letdown tbh. I wish they'd put it on a stacked card.

I'm shocked they aren't head lining Madison Square Garden... and they really need a great co-main for this card.. in case Khabib pulls out or there is another bus incident...

I wouldn't mind it. Although I'm confident they get Kevin Lee vs. Anthony Pettis done and that gets put right under Lewis/Volkov and bumps Waterson/Herrig down to the prelims.
They need another LW bout for insurance. I like Lee/Pettis but worry Lee is too big for Anthony

I'm shocked they aren't head lining Madison Square Garden... and they really need a great co-main for this card.. in case Khabib pulls out or there is another bus incident...
Yeah it's definitely a hit of a head scratcher but I assume they will have someone ready in case Khabib gets injured etc

Lol still better than the majority of the trash the UFC puts out.

Should have had the Woodley till card bs under the Mcgregor card instead.

Let’s how how strong his drawing power really is with a total shit show undercard.

Not bad so far. People will buy regardless so no need to blow their load on this card.

Given the limitations the undercard will apparently have its not a bad lineup. Only 2 highly interesting scraps but the rest will likely be enjoyable.

Worth $65... But take off the main event and looks like most this year anyway...

Easily worth it. You can actually find lots of friends who want to watch a McGregor card and it ends up being less than $10 per person. I couldn't even get people to watch UFC 227 for free if I wanted.

Makes total sense. Why blow other big fights when the main event sells itself? Plus gives a good opportunity to push new talent into the spotlight. If you have any sort of business mind you'd do the same thing. And those aren't bad fights by any means, just not huge.

Unfortunately, people want the ice cream and dont give a shit about the cone

Back