What if the win bonus was actually a finish bonus instead?

MMAViewer

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I can't stand the idea that Pearson gets fucked out of the win and then his paycheck. It's one thing to leave it in the judges hands and lose a split decision. It sucks but hopefully it doesn't drop your stock too much as a fighter.... But to lose a paycheck because of judges who are either corrupt or egregiously incapable is sickening.
In light of this fight and the fact that we as fans would like to see more fights finished inside the octagon is turning the win bonus to a finish bonus within the contract a good idea?

Maybe instead of a contract that is 10,000 to fight, plus 10,000 if you win, it would be 12,000 to fight plus 8,000 to finish. Performance awards would not change.

Discuss.

I can't stand the idea that Pearson gets fucked out of the win and then his paycheck. It's one thing to leave it in the judges hands and lose a split decision. It sucks but hopefully it doesn't drop your stock too much as a fighter.... But to lose a paycheck because of judges who are either corrupt or egregiously incapable is sickening.
In light of this fight and the fact that we as fans would like to see more fights finished inside the octagon is turning the win bonus to a finish bonus within the contract a good idea?

Maybe instead of a contract that is 10,000 to fight, plus 10,000 if you win, it would be 12,000 to fight plus 8,000 to finish. Performance awards would not change.

Discuss.

What if you finish your opponent but lose the fight?

If last night has shown us anything, it's that anything is possible.

What if you finish your opponent but lose the fight?

If last night has shown us anything, it's that anything is possible.

How do you finish your opponent and not win, Unless there is disqualification. .. then clearly you don't get paid.

Does it matter? U dont think fighters dont go out and try to win to get the win bonus . Ahhh nevermind I get wat ur sayin knly get bonus for finish and no win bonus I like it

How do you finish your opponent and not win, Unless there is disqualification. .. then clearly you don't get paid.

It was a joke; I had hoped my second comment would make that obvious.

This is why I'm not making millions at comedy.

Yes, fighters should be punished for having good opponents.

Shogun vs Hendo 1? Garbage fight between two point fighters.

Pretty sure DFW gives 25-50k for every KO/TKO and publicly gives the bonuses of 50k for the best KO, Sub and fight

It was a joke; I had hoped my second comment would make that obvious.

This is why I'm not making millions at comedy.

I thought it was funny man, I'd buy a ticket to your stand-up

The idea has merit. There will always be those who aren't going to go balls to the wall to try and get the finish. Going all out for a finish comes with risk. Nobody wants to get caught with something if they feel they are ahead and cruising to a win. Who knows if a finish bonus was in place last night how it would've turned out? I just feel bad for Pearson not having his hand raised when he was the clear winner.

I hate whenpeople suggest this but then also play the pay the fighters more card.

A guy who is under a 8-8 contract shouldnt be getting his pay halved because he gets put against guy who are fucking hard to stop.

Look at Roy Nelson, he has been obliterated in the octogon but wasnt stopped by some top tier fighters who were hitting him with bombs.

Dana's been known to give win bonuses to the losers of bullshit decisions. I'm sure pearsons case will be no different.

If this is indeed in response to Pearson Sanchez then how does it fix the problem? Just because Pearson didn't get his win bonus that he deserves means no one should get anything?

And what about amazing fights that go to decision? Oh right I forgot any fight that goes to a decision is terrible.

Back