What if the UFC forum was separated into a "free to troll" and a "civilized discussion" forum?

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Discussion in another thread (about how trolls apparently drove Roxy away from Sherdog) made me wonder what if the UFC forum was separated into a "free to troll" and a "civilized discussion" forum?

Sherdog seems very self-aware that it is full of trolls. Contrary to what you might expect, I am not even against trolls. Everyone needs to let off some steam and aggression once in awhile and a place to do that might not be a bad thing. At the same time, it is also nice sometimes to have a civilized discussion with people who are interested in and capable of doing the same. Clearly, the two cannot coexist. So what if there were two forums, one where you're free to troll and another for civilized discussion?

Also I'm curious about ideas for a democratic process by which people can gain or lose the privilege to post in the civilized discussion forum that does not rely on mods? Maybe, for example, there is a "dislike" in the civilized discussion forum that causes someone to lose privilege to post there for a certain amount of time if they accumulate too much in some time window?

The real fun can only exist when the lines are blurred.

Dead+of+the+trolls+let+them+die_eabdfb_4075209.jpg

The wasteland exist for the troll.....

Sherdog used to be cool back in the day, lots of fighters posted regularly. The trolls have really done a number on the place.

Telling trolls to go elsewhere will guarantee those miserable twats will be staying and in fact their numbers will jump

It wouldn't change anything. Trolls only find it fun to troll those who dont want it. Why would a troll troll a troll when the troll k is the troll is a troll just by where the troll is posting. Troll

It wouldn't change anything. Trolls only find it fun to troll those who dont want it. Why would a troll troll a troll when the troll k is the troll is a troll just by where the troll is posting. Troll

Therefore some democratic process by which people gain and lose the privilege to post in the non-troll forum.

You can't really determine the difference between a troll and a retard anymore. Not to mention 'trolling' isnt even what it used to be, now its just synonymous with being a douchebag.

Therefore some democratic process by which people gain and lose the privilege to post in the non-troll forum.
Everyone who doesnt share the same opinion is labeled a troll so how you going to do this?

If trolls, trolled each other, the universe would implode.

You can't really determine the difference between a troll and a retard anymore. Not to mention 'trolling' isnt even what it used to be, now its just synonymous with being a douchebag.

Basically I'm lumping all such behavior under the term "trolling", including douchebags, sociopaths, people too young to have learned how to communicate properly, etc.

Everyone who doesnt share the same opinion is labeled a troll so how you going to do this?

Only trolls would do that. I think some trial and error would need to take place, but for example privilege to post in the "civilized discussion" forum can be based on some community based metric in the "free to troll" forum like the like count, while in the "civilized discussion" forum those who can post there can also marks a post as trolling which causes one to get booted if you accumulate too many in a window of time (but you can regain the privilege after accumulating some amount of likes again in the "free to troll" forum).

Last edited:
Lol if you think the the crap that gets posted here is trolling

Discussion in another thread (about how trolls apparently drove Roxy away from Sherdog) made me wonder what if the UFC forum was separated into a "free to troll" and a "civilized discussion" forum?

Sherdog seems very self-aware that it is full of trolls. Contrary to what you might expect, I am not even against trolls. Everyone needs to let off some steam and aggression once in awhile and a place to do that might not be a bad thing. At the same time, it is also nice sometimes to have a civilized discussion with people who are interested in and capable of doing the same. Clearly, the two cannot coexist. So what if there were two forums, one where you're free to troll and another for civilized discussion?

Also I'm curious about ideas for a democratic process by which people can gain or lose the privilege to post in the civilized discussion forum that does not rely on mods? Maybe, for example, there is a "dislike" in the civilized discussion forum that causes someone to lose privilege to post there for a certain amount of time if they accumulate too much in some time window?
Says the guy with yellows and an AV disparaging helwani. Smh

elwani can not handle the banter and cries himself to sleep after reading mean trollposts
<mma1>

Go back to r/mma or some shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back