What if Ronda started with Rofus or Henry instead of Edmund?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Obviously she started out with more than enough grappling being a Gokor direct student 4th dan and an olympian, that's Gene LeBell liage shit.

All that's left is the striking, and she goes with Edmund, a guy who makes fighter's striking go worse, and fakes his credentials to sell himself.

Now, Imagine if she started out with a good striking coach like the ones in the OP title? Rogan would overdose on hype he'd die twice in a row.

hi-res-f04b1e82a9070f603ced4741180a3edc_crop_north.jpg

445c8080-9c4b-11e3-b920-cdcaf24c5968_474306581.jpg

She obviously hits really hard in terms for raw strength for a BW woman.

Doesn't matter who her striking coach is, she starting striking from scratch and it will always be amateur. When WMMA gets more well rounded, Judo isn't the best base to overcome a striking deficiency.

You know it might have actually backfired. Maybe she would've gotten too in love with her striking and abandoned grappling.

With Edmund her striking is so horrendous she's forced to grapple more

It might have required someone like Edmond to get Ronda to do anything in the first place. She has a fragile personality and may need constant reassurance to the point of delusion.

She has power despite flawed mechanics.

It's a shame that an Olympic judoka didn't find an equal level boxing coach to bring her stand up on par with her other skills. Edmund was a serious downgrade.

Then we'd hate her cos she's a fatty, instead of cos her striking being bad.

I'm actually looking forward to this wmma fight more than any other wmma fight ever

Doesn't matter who her striking coach is, she starting striking from scratch and it will always be amateur. When WMMA gets more well rounded, Judo isn't the best base to overcome a striking deficiency.
I really don't see where ur coming from.. Rockhold is basically a BJJ guy, and alot lot lot less successful at it than ronda. AKA being mainly originally a kickboxing gym hence the name, mostly hired wrestlers and grapplers for MMA raw talent.

It might have required someone like Edmond to get Ronda to do anything in the first place. She has a fragile personality and may need constant reassurance to the point of delusion.
Meh, Goerge Foreman's mental breakdown after Ali KOed him was worse.. he literally became a church preacher lol
Did we also forget conor's retirment speech after getting strangled? or Jose Aldo's crying video?
When ur ego is that high and mighty it crashes like an award winning sand castle.

Along with that, she may not have been smart enough to learn from a real gym. Her Judo was the result of her mom beating the training into her 24/7 to the point of mugging her in her sleep. A few hours at the gym each day may not have been enough to teach her. Combine that with her ego not handling real criticism and you have the recipe for a meltdown gym quit.

Meh not to impressed with rofus. He had like 18 months to teach punk to throw a punch and he couldn't get it done

She will never be a good striker, no matter who trains her, but her judo is obviously very good.

She seems like a person that has some psychological difficulties, And needs a mental coach And a motivator more than anything. I think Edmond is just that, And he has helped her to keep on fighting decpite her issues.

I'd love to see her go train at Tristar or King's MMA.

Her striking is fine for the division standards as seen in most of her fights, but she'll surely be more diverse with more legit coaches, as one of Edmond's gems is to not let her kick cuz she gets angry.

I've asked myself this question a few times, and tbh we'll never truly know if Ronda would do well in a Jackson's or ATT.
Maybe they would over analyse her game and try and move away from her strengths. I think Edmunds simplistic approach actually worked well for her. At least to this point.

She probably would have completely abandoned her judo and become a stand up fighter and lost more than 1 fight in her career because of it.

Ronda started off training at Hayastan and several of the fighters there recommended Edmund. Edmund has been the perfect match for Ronda because he's been able to let her striking compliment her judo base.

She should be grateful to be with Edmond tbh. She needs a yes man to massage her ego, and thats what he does.

Its quite clear she is uncoachable and is a mental midget

You can't just blame Edmond.

She fights emotional af. Most world class strikers don't. She is bound to get sloppy

Her striking isn't that bad lol. You guys are going so overboard. No her striking isn't as good as Holly's, but it's better than at least half of the girls in the division

People can hate on edmond,but its clear she was half assing her training for most of her ufc career,just look at her physically she was much leaner in her strikeforce days,towards the end of her reign she was coming in chubby,staying on set for 2 months of a movie were she has 10 seconds of dialogue instead of training.

No matter who she was training with she wouldnt have picked up great striking without putting in the hours

Back