What if Ronda rose against the Reebok Establishment?

Absolutely

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Imagine if someone on Ronda's stature spoke against Reebok, name concerning fighter pay. She's got enough money to do it. Hell I bet a sponsor or two would pay her to say fuck reebok buy ____ on PPV. Would UFC back her, or drop Reebok? What'd happen?

Anyway, that's what i was thinking about.

Why does everyone blame Reebok for this shitty deal? The UFC itself is responsible for this deal and no one else

Why the hell would Ronda do that when Reebok is taking care of her? That 40k championship sponsor money is chump change compared to what Reebok is actually paying her in their exclusive deal.

Who do you think Ronda is, someone who gives a shit about the well being of other fighters?

Why the hell would Ronda do that when Reebok is taking care of her? That 40k championship sponsor money is chump change compared to what Reebok is actually paying her in their exclusive deal.

Who do you think Ronda is, someone who gives a shit about the well being of other fighters?

Nailed it

Just do it, ronda.
Impossible is nothing, ronda.
Is it in you, ronda?

Also this aint a team sport, Mighty Mouse could double or triple his income if he would choose to be bold and be a heel, but he probably dont care for money. It is wat is

This is how jobs work.

I know as an IT manager I made about 5x what the guys in the call center are making. Doesn't mean I'm going to risk my job trying to get them all pay raises.

You get what you convince your employer to pay. If the fighters don't like their current deal they need to negotiate for more. If that fails they'll have to deal with the hassle of forming a fighter's association for collective bargaining power.

It'd be cool if the UFC shared a greater percentage of the money with the fighters, but they clearly aren't going to. Sadly, all other MMA organizations pay substantially worse than the UFC.

Sure it's fun to bitch on a website, but without massive public outcry or fighters leaving en masse there's no reason for the UFC to change anything.

Ronda's got the personal contract and she's well taken care of by Reebok. So no reason for her to fight da powah.

There's no reason why Ronda would ever do that given that she is very well paid but hypothetically the UFC would back Reebok over Ronda if they had to choose starting with bringing Ronda in for a "sitdown".

The UFC cannot publicly disrespect major corporate sponsors or they'll never get any new ones and given their current direction that's what they are most concerned about.

Is there a reason that some people have to provide responses in a snide manner, projecting themselves as a king douche? Was it your upbringing? Is it your daddy problems? Either way I'm sorry.

You obviously let me point fly into your ear and pass your small brain, exiting through the other ear never to be thought of again.

Yes, Ronda is taken care of, yes she makes a lot of money. The question is would she fight the establishment once she is rich enough?

Who are you to suppose she doesn't care about how much her friends make in MMA anyway? Fuckin' loser.

The idea that Rousey should fight for the wages of other fighters is ludicrous when every single fighter in her weight division would be perfectly happy to beat her head in and take away everything she has.

MMA is NOT a team sport and the idea of "taking one for the team" is absurd when applied to MMA.

Fighters have the opportunity to fight for fair compensation every time their contract comes up for renewal. If they haven't done enough to justify an increase through wins or self-promotion, or don't have the representation or cajones to fight for that compensation, then that's 100% on them.

These aren't children who need rescuing. These are professional adults who chose to get hit in the head for a living.

I'm sure that Rousey takes very good care of those people she does consider to be on "Team Rousey". "Team Rousey" just doesn't include everyone on the UFC roster.

Is there a reason that some people have to provide responses in a snide manner, projecting themselves as a king douche? Was it your upbringing? Is it your daddy problems? Either way I'm sorry.

You obviously let me point fly into your ear and pass your small brain, exiting through the other ear never to be thought of again.

Yes, Ronda is taken care of, yes she makes a lot of money. The question is would she fight the establishment once she is rich enough?

Who are you to suppose she doesn't care about how much her friends make in MMA anyway? Fuckin' loser.

Wellthatescalatedquickly.gif

The simple answer is no. I'd like to know what the OP's idea of rich enough is, because what usually happens is the more money you make the more money you spend.

Conor Mc refused to wear the Rebox "kit" that Dana Baldfather handed him in the cage after the fight. We haven't heard from Conor Mc since.

Back