What if Ronda beats Cyborg easily?

It's not to far fetched. Her past couple of fights everyone thought the contender had a chance with the exception of Bethe and I'm guilty as well. I honestly though McMann could wrestle her to a decision and I thought Zingano had the strength to overpower her and she squashed them both.

I'd take Dana on his word on this one, unlike Cyborg he actually tried to make this fight happen

But keep hating, nothing you post is of substance anyway

Well that would be weird if you didn't believe your own lies, Baldfather. I mean it's delusional that you do, but at least it's not weird.

I am so tired of hearing this debate that Cyborg even has a chance at beating Ronda. If this fight ever happens (which i doubt it will) I am betting all my vcash and my account on Ronda. Hopefully against some brazilian fighter fanboy with atleast a 2009-2010 account.

Do you think Ronda would make it to decision if she fought Jorina in a kickboxing match? Seriously, I am dying to know what some of you think.

Yes I do. Mostly because I don't think she would do as many dumb things as Cyborg did in an attempt to bully Jorina. It would be a much more boring fight(it would be a hug fest). Considering Jorina isn't much of a finisher and Cyborg was given the eight count 3 times in that fight I don't put a lot of stock into Cyborg being a great striker as many like to say. Would Rousey win against Jorina? FUCK NO. But if people are betting on Cyborg's "amazing striking" to somehow befuddle Ronda and KO her, they are sniffing stronger glue than the dude in airplane. She's not a powerful puncher. She's not a clean puncher. She overpowers and overwhelms people IN THE CLINCH. And I don't see that being favorable to anyone but Ronda. And don't count my wording as being frustrated with you or on the attack. Your question was a very legit one. Ronda is not a great striker(I wouldn't even say she is a good striker). Her strengths are just tailor made to be the weaknesses of a bull rusher like Cyborg. They both actually share similar striking weaknesses, both of their chins are held high when on the attack, they both overcommit to long strikes, both of them cycle their hands down and neither of them do a very good job protecting themselves. And in the case of Cyborg's over-committal forward momentum and wild hooks she plays right into Rousey's hands.

That sounds a lot better but I think she smelled the politics. Forcing her to do another fight first could easily be used as a stalling tactic. They didn't ask Gina (who Cyborg fought and won against, also is heavier than Cyborg and hadn't fought in four years but did movies instead) to do that. They were going to give Gina the fast track. They should have offered Cyborg the same thing.

HMMmmmmmm

But if she were to agree to do one other fight, that plus the wait between the title challenge would likely stall out her championship fight more than another year. Then throw in some other conflicts and delays and it would easily be off completely.

Did you take your tin foil hat off before cranial-rectal insertion?

Well, the odds makers (you know the guys that are professionals) sure don't share your sentiment. They have shared your sentiment for every cream puff fight of Ronda's career (no matter what UFC marketing has said and some of the koolaid the sheep have drunk) but not Cyborg. Even with all the Ronda hype, the same hype that irrationally made Conor a favorite over Aldo, Cyborg opened at a mere +197.....that ain't too shabby at all when you consider Ronda opened at -1000 against Tate.

My stance: It's the only legitimate fight that could ever be made in mainstream WMMA aside from Gina vs Cyborg.

Opening odds don't reflect who the oddsmakers think will win as much as you might think. They set the odds, within reason to not lose money, to entice bets, i.e. it's based on how they think people will bet. What the adjusted odds are when fight night comes around and people have been betting for a while is a much better estimate for respective fighters chance of winning. And even then, for title fights the challenger is usually hyped up and get a better implied chance of winning then they actually have. Gus vs Jones and TJ vs Barao are good examples of that.

Did you take your tin foil hat off before cranial-rectal insertion?

Someone's late to the party; I already conceded at least an hour ago (if you keep reading).

You must have blown the most massive wad at the opportunity to post something like this

Gabbi Garcia.

4ef9aa99c.jpg

Wait... wrong Gabi Garcia...

gabi-garcia-kick.jpg

Last edited:
At 135, Ronda wins. We already know Cyborg will lose.

She would beat her easily

Thats why this whole thing is annoying. Cyborg keeps spewing bullshit to keep her name relevant but i dont care about the fight at all, im as interested as i was in johnson vs cariaso

Ronda should back up her words from a couple of years ago saying "I'm going to drop to 135 and get the title and then go to 145 and get the title". I don't care to see Cyborg fight at a weight lighter than shes ever fought before. They should just have a "superfight" at 140; Both keep their titles and can go back to destroying their original weight class.

Ronda should back up her words from a couple of years ago saying "I'm going to drop to 135 and get the title and then go to 145 and get the title". I don't care to see Cyborg fight at a weight lighter than shes ever fought before. They should just have a "superfight" at 140; Both keep their titles and can go back to destroying their original weight class.

Cyborg has been at 135

Cris doesn't hold the belt at 145

Cris asked for out the last time Ronda agreed to fighting at 140 with WADA drug testing.

This fight should only happen at 135... First, There is no 145 title. There is only 135 in the UFC. So what is the UFC supposed to do... Suppose they fight at 145 as a one time thing to "prove" Ronda is the baddest. Cyborg wins... Then what? You have a discredited your 135 champ, and Cyborg then has no one to fight? Second, the steroids issue is valid. Cyborg looks like a female bodybuilder who's been juicing for a long time. With steroids she fought at 145... Stands to reason that without steroids she could make 135. Furthermore, its fair for her to have to make weight at least once at 135 before she fights Ronda, or she'll probably just show up at 145 anyway.
As far as I can tell Cyborg is trying to get herself every advantage possible legal or illegal.

Cyborg has been at 135

Cris doesn't hold the belt at 145

Cris asked for out the last time Ronda agreed to fighting at 140 with WADA drug testing.

-Read my post again. I said "Both keep their titles". Cyborg is the Featherweight(145) champ in Invicta, which is obviously what I was saying.

-Cyborg has had trouble a few times making weight for the past 6 years.

This fight should only happen at 135... First, There is no 145 title. There is only 135 in the UFC. So what is the UFC supposed to do... Suppose they fight at 145 as a one time thing to "prove" Ronda is the baddest. Cyborg wins... Then what? You have a discredited your 135 champ, and Cyborg then has no one to fight? Second, the steroids issue is valid. Cyborg looks like a female bodybuilder who's been juicing for a long time. With steroids she fought at 145... Stands to reason that without steroids she could make 135. Furthermore, its fair for her to have to make weight at least once at 135 before she fights Ronda, or she'll probably just show up at 145 anyway.
As far as I can tell Cyborg is trying to get herself every advantage possible legal or illegal.

That is EXACTLY the reason I said "this fight should be a catchweight superfight at 140". No titles change hands. They both get to go back to their original divisions as champs.

Back