What if Ronda beats Cyborg easily?

They have offered her the fight, publicly numerous times during press conferences. At one point they were willing to give her the Ronda fight for her first UFC fight. They gave her a UFC contract and she could stay in Invicta and work on dropping to 135 and then come to UFC. They were even willing to pay Dolce to be her full time dietitian.

UFC were willing to PAY MONEY TO HELP CYBORG GET TO 135
And then mysteriously she ASKED TO BE RELEASED FROM HER UFC CONTRACT (coinciding with out of competition drug testing announcement, mind you)

What else do you want from them? She now needs to have one fight at 135 to prove she can actually make it, and then if she wins she can have Ronda

That sounds a lot better but I think she smelled the politics. Forcing her to do another fight first could easily be used as a stalling tactic. They didn't ask Gina (who Cyborg fought and won against, also is heavier than Cyborg and hadn't fought in four years but did movies instead) to do that. They were going to give Gina the fast track. They should have offered Cyborg the same thing.

HMMmmmmmm

But if she were to agree to do one other fight, that plus the wait between the title challenge would likely stall out her championship fight more than another year. Then throw in some other conflicts and delays and it would easily be off completely.

That sounds a lot better but I think she smelled the politics. Forcing her to do another fight first could easily be used as a stalling tactic. They didn't ask Gina (who Cyborg fought and won against, also is heavier than Cyborg and hadn't fought in four years but did movies instead) to do that. They were going to give Gina the fast track. They should have offered Cyborg the same thing.

HMMmmmmmm

But if she were to agree to do one other fight, that plus the wait between the title challenge would likely stall out her championship fight more than another year.

They did offer Cyborg the same thing. Dana has said that Gina will only get the fight if she makes 135. Cyborg was offered the same deal initially, but Cyborg instead of actually trying, just said she can't make 135, then she said she can, then she said she can't, then she said she can, then she said it'll kill her, then she said 140, then she said she can make 135

You can't blame UFC for being cautious, instead of booking a main event fight, spending millions of dollars in promotion and then have Cyborg show up weighing in at 151lbs the night before and what, cancelling the fight?

That's pretty much the only way this fight goes down. Ronda by armbar in the first.

I for one will always bet on the high level grappler over the high level striker. That said I'm not sure that Cyborg is really that clean a striker. She is surely strong, but she tends to head hunt and through bombs a lot.
If the really do fight in December or whenever, if Rousy shuts her down and submits her quickly does that mean Ronda is actually the top female fighter of will we now start calling Cyborg over hyped?

I've tried not to be a Rhonda supportor but give the devil her dues, she destroy whoever is placed in front of her. If she takes out Cyborg in the same fashion, crown her baddest bitch on the planet, give her a shit ton of money, and let her retire. Be nothing left for her to do!

They did offer Cyborg the same thing. Dana has said that Gina will only get the fight if she makes 135. Cyborg was offered the same deal initially, but Cyborg instead of actually trying, just said she can't make 135, then she said she can, then she said she can't, then she said she can, then she said it'll kill her, then she said 140, then she said she can make 135

You can't blame UFC for being cautious, instead of booking a main event fight, spending millions of dollars in promotion and then have Cyborg show up weighing in at 151lbs the night before and what, cancelling the fight?

Well you put up some good points. At this point, I can't say the UFC is acting completely irrationally.

But the fight

is just not gonna happen

Let's see...a brutally strong woman who finishes her fights in under a minute and fights muay thai champs in her free time vs a fat chick who knows a few judo throws and fights accountants who train just to lose weight...

Yeah, what you said won't happen.

You mean the lady who survives on overwhelming her opponents by running at them with hooks and hoping her roid rage will finish the fights for her? Yeah, she's a really good striker and can totally hang with muay thai champs

Well you put up some good points. At this point, I can't say the UFC is acting completely irrationally.

But the fight

is just not gonna happen

Someone seeing another viewpoint on sherdog. This thread needs to be archived.

If she beats Cyborg then people will still say she has crappy opponents, hater gonna hate.

I think if Cyborg catches her she can knock her out but that is a big if.

I for one will always bet on the high level grappler over the high level striker. That said I'm not sure that Cyborg is really that clean a striker. She is surely strong, but she tends to head hunt and through bombs a lot.
If the really do fight in December or whenever, if Rousy shuts her down and submits her quickly does that mean Ronda is actually the top female fighter of will we now start calling Cyborg over hyped?

She could beat Cyborg while allowing her to Juice and weigh 180lbs and they will find something to complain about.

IF they were to fight in an alternate universe, a timeline split off from this one but where Cyborg got Ronda's next match-

I predict Cyborg would power through a lot of Ronda's early stuff. Like she was Mousassi or something. And she would take Ronda all the way to round 3 and maybe to the start of round 4. But then Ronda would armbar her silly. But Ronda would be puffy faced and bloody by then with her hand raised, and get shooped mercilessly thereafter

Tears will be shed, excuses will be made and Ronda will still be "overrated" & "ducking REAL competition".

...such is Sherdog

Said it before, I'l say it again.

Ronda not only wins this fight, she wins it easily.

You mean the lady who survives on overwhelming her opponents by running at them with hooks and hoping her roid rage will finish the fights for her? Yeah, she's a really good striker and can totally hang with muay thai champs

Do you think Ronda would make it to decision if she fought Jorina in a kickboxing match? Seriously, I am dying to know what some of you think.

Do you think Cyborg would get a medal if she competed in women's judo?

Ronda is more accomplished in her discipline, and it's a much deeper talent pool.

I think that's the most likely outcome. Cyborg is very slow compared to Rousey.

Said it before, I'l say it again.

Ronda not only wins this fight, she wins it easily.

Well, the odds makers (you know the guys that are professionals) sure don't share your sentiment. They have shared your sentiment for every cream puff fight of Ronda's career (no matter what UFC marketing has said and some of the koolaid the sheep have drunk) but not Cyborg. Even with all the Ronda hype, the same hype that irrationally made Conor a favorite over Aldo, Cyborg opened at a mere +197.....that ain't too shabby at all when you consider Ronda opened at -1000 against Tate.

My stance: It's the only legitimate fight that could ever be made in mainstream WMMA aside from Gina vs Cyborg.

Ronda inside of a round. If Cyborg comes at her like Cat, it could be over inside a minute. Since Ronda has actually demonstrated one-shot power, Cyborg will have to watch her shit, because she herself has not demonstrated such.

Back